Firefall gameplay trailer released, game will be shown at Gamescom

Thursday, 25th July 2013 16:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Red 5 Studios has released a new gameplay trailer for Firefall to accompany the announcement that the game will be shown live at Gamescom.

During Gamescom, Red 5 will discuss its ongoing plans and show the latest dynamic events and three new “melding pockets”, the upcoming Gamescom milestone and more.

“Firefall has come a long way since Gamescom 2012, and we are excited for our fans and new players to see the improvements and brand new content in the game”, said James Macauley, VP of development, Red 5 Studios.

“There are plenty more upcoming additions and features to talk about at Gamescom, so come and visit us on the show floor.”

You can join Firefall’s open beta by signing up here.

1. viralshag

I’m enjoying the beta and have a character progressing nicely. The only real criticism I have so far is that it feels a little light on content. Other than that, I’m happy to log in and play a bit most days.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Shokaku

I would like to play it… but this game is soo bugged and its not well optimized. I have mid-end pc (i5 2500k, Radeon 6850) and its crashing, lagging, going to desktop etc. in the past 5 years i never had so big troubles with any game.

I dont get it anyway, they had like 2-3 years of developing the game to find any issues.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

In my oponion the game is underdeveloped POS. Graphics/Gameplay are amazing but the lack of content or missions that you have to do or progress is just ugh. The game is basically empty and the world is small. There is PvP but that’s just not good…

I deleted this game after training. So much potential and in the end it doesn’t work. It does not feel like a beta at all. Yes, it works great but the lack of content is SO BIG.. I mean, I never saw a MMO with so litle content in it.

@2, the game works good with Nvidia cards.

#3 1 year ago
  4. viralshag

@2, I have to agree with #3 that the game runs fine on my machine and I do have an Nvidia card.

@3, while I agree there is a lack of content I’m sure the beta is only part of the full world, I think there is more to the map and from I’ve read there is more content to be added. But yeah, the game is mostly thumping (mini missions to gather mats) and the same almost identical random missions, it’s a lot of the same stuff.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Strawb

I love this game. The missions are fast-paced, and if you hook up with a good group, you can go around clearing ARES Missions almost indefinitely, which is fun as hell.
    Couple that with quick and easy class changes in-game, you can play as anything within seconds.

The world, despite being small at the moment, is wonderfully made, the only downside being that it can take a while to get from one end to the other, even with the implemented dropship-taxi system. Getting your own transportation takes a long time.

And anytime people ingame(or otherwise) complain about there being lack of content, I can’t help but reiterate that it’s a beta and the whole point of the game is to fight back the Melding, the main reason for the world having the size it currently has.

I look forward to the full release of the game.

#5 1 year ago
  6. viralshag

@5, I do understand it’s a beta, don’t get me wrong, I like the missions. But you have to admit there’s not a lot to them at the moment and I’m hoping that ISN’T reflective of the final game.

Even in this video we do see a lot that isn’t in the beta. As I said I’m happy to keep playing this through to release and beyond.

#6 1 year ago
  7. silkvg247

I started playing this (paid for early access) and uncovered the entire map and had done probably 50% of the random missions in around 10-15 hours. That isn’t good, and one can only hope is far far from what the final game will be.

In the meantime I bought defiance on the steam sale and have seen 20% of it’s content in 50 hours. It’s a giant sandpit mmo, it plays well, and from what I’ve seen so far, is *severely* underrated.

Defiance is also superior in terms of gameplay, it rewards accuracy and finesse whereas firefall is more about duck and cover. I will see how firefall does at launch.

#7 1 year ago
  8. viralshag

@Silk, Are you still playing Defiance? I’ll jump on if you are… I haven’t played it for a while as I got a little bored.

#8 1 year ago
  9. silkvg247

@viral Yeah I am playing a couple times a week. I moved to the US server – more active and also got a decent clan. In-game alias is Klis.

#9 1 year ago