Xbox Live experiencing multiple issues, Microsoft on the case

Tuesday, 23rd July 2013 22:48 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Although no ETA has been provided, Microsoft is aware of and working on sign-in and other issues affecting Xbox Live today.

Xbox Live members are currently struggling to sign into the service across all platforms.

On top of the service wide issue, an problem specific to Xbox 360 is causing problems utilising video or music content.

Finally, Xbox.com is being super patchy, and posting to the Xbox Live forums is pretty hit and miss.

Microsoft acknowledged the Live-wide sign-in issue in an update riddled with exclamation marks, which I have edited out to preserve my sanity:

“For our members that are currently unable to sign in to their Xbox Live accounts, we’re right here with you,” the statement noted.

“We’ve got our team engaged and they are working hard to get everything back to normal as expediently as possible. You’re being so patient while we’re working, and we really appreciate you. We’ll update you on our progress as soon as we have more information.”

Keep an eye on the Xbox Live status page for the most timely information.

Thanks, CVG.

1. KAP

… and think, MS wanted a console to rely on there paid network.
    You can be charged all the money in the world for a “secure” network, doesn’t mean it’s exempt from online issues. You Xboners dodged a bullet..

#1 12 months ago
  2. Oynox Slider

Pfuh, I did not experience any of those problems.

The paid Xbox Live is still better than the free PSN. I recently bought a PS3 console and I miss the smoothness and intuitivity of Xbox Live… additionally there are these annoying server maintenances or whatever and then the console is offline for several hours.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Moonwalker1982

It has been goddamn awful today. I fired up Mass Effect 3 earlier in the day and it took like 5 to 10 minutes to move past the EA Connecting thing on the main menu. From friends i heard they couldn’t even play a game that had online content in it. BF3 would just keep loading and many other games too. I hope its fixed tomorrow.

#3 12 months ago
  4. MCTJim

THe BF3 issue was about 12 mins of waiting and it went through…sucked but I managed it play for a spell..seems to be gone as of now as I have not had any other issues.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Cobra951

One symptom is Minecraft taking such a long time to start up that it makes it appear your world file has a problem. Apparently the timeout when it tries to connect online is just too long. It should give up that fight inside of 15 sec max. Not excusing MS here. They have some things they better fix, and that right quick. But MC should not hang up like that when the network misbehaves. The game is perfectly playable offline, and that’s where it should go after a reasonable timeout.

#5 12 months ago
  6. tracyis300

Yeah, i had a 3min wait time for my live account to sign in. Once it did, i did a connection test and i was good to go.

#6 12 months ago
  7. Ge0force

@2 Unless you didn’t sign in to PSN during the past few days, you can continue to play online during PSN maintenance.

#7 12 months ago
  8. viralshag

I’m sure people can survive without Live for a short time. If you can’t, get out more.

#8 12 months ago
  9. bradk825

It doesn’t happen often, so it’s easier to take when it does. I got an Xbox 360 at launch, and I can count on one hand how many times I tried to play in those years and couldn’t get on. Most of those were only a couple of minutes too.

#9 12 months ago