Soul Calibur 2 HD Online announced for PS3, Xbox 360

Saturday, 20th July 2013 14:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Soul Calibur 2 HD Online has been announced by Namco Bandai as part of the game’s 10-year anniversary celebration.

The Project Soul developed title has been updated with HD graphics, and online multiplayer support.

Infrastructure of the online mode will feature a brand new netcode as well as a multitude of modes found in the original release including: Arcade, Survival, VS Battle, Time Attack, Survival, Team Battle, Practice and Weapon Master.

Soul Calibur 2 HD Online will be made available this fall on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Enjoy the trailer below courtesy of GamesHQMedia along with a bevy of screenshots.

1. Stoopid_Snot

MILK!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

Would you like cookies to go with your milk? :P

#2 1 year ago
  3. ChunkyLover112

Feces.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Stoopid_Snot

@2 not that kind of Milk I had in mind… but yes please, how considerate of you :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. fengato

My fav 3D fighter of all time. I am literally buzzing! Thank you Namco!!!!

#5 1 year ago
  6. fihar

It is a bit pointless isn’t it?
    Why not do what Capcom is doing with SSFIV?

#6 1 year ago
  7. salarta

Appended to this news, Hoshino got promoted to producer of the Soul franchise, which in turn means that Tago, the producer for SC5, is no longer the producer.

I’m hoping SC2HD means that we’ll get Sophitia, Taki and more back after they were stupidly and unnecessarily kicked out of the series so Daishi could fulfill his personal fanboy wet dreams with the franchise.

#7 1 year ago
  8. xino

SC2 best and balanced SC game!
    yes! and i’m so glad it has online.

i will definitely get this game.

i really wish we can have online play with other modes instead of 1 v 1.

i can’t remember if this game even had a tag:/

#8 1 year ago
  9. monkees19

I would care but the thing that made this game truly awesome was the exclusive characters. I had my SC II on GameCube so I could play as Link. I see no point in paying for the game again since I have my SC II still and although IV & V weren’t the best, those are still around for online fighting. No Wii U verison means no Link (assuming they had intentions of using those same exclusive characters) so I’ll be passing on this one.

It does make me feel a little bit old thinking about the fact that this was 10 years ago.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Ireland Michael

@7 Why wouldn’t they be? They were in the original Soul Calibur 2.

#10 1 year ago