Ace Combat: Infinity revealed in debut trailer, appears to be PS3-exclusive

Friday, 19th July 2013 08:15 GMT By Dave Cook

Ace Combat: Infinity is the next flying game from Namco Bandai and Project Aces. The publisher has posted the game’s first trailer. Watch it here.

What do you think of the clip? Let us know below.

Thanks Johnny.

1. Kascade

Was just about to come on to let you know. Was announced about 16 Minutes ago.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 I’ve only been awake about an hour :D Nice surprise to wake up to, looks interesting.

#2 1 year ago
  3. KaosGoneRogue

Awesome that’s it’s exclusive to PS3. Take that Xbox 360 for AC6, Project Aces will always favor Sony. Back to ACI, it looks interesting but disappointed they’re not going back to strange real :(

#3 1 year ago
  4. GregSolidus

@3 Why? All the countries are merely allegories for NATO and Soviet nations.Hell, Ace Combat X was North Korea vs South Korea and 5-6 were pretty much America vs Russia with Belka being Soviet era Germany. Let’s all hold hands and pray that they don’t decide to take anymore cues from Call of Duty for greater “western appeal” and ditch the semi mandatory rail shooter mode.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Mjorh

I think they’re gonna release it later for PC too.

#5 1 year ago
  6. EZXPSnazzyPanic

Whole trailer ruined by a lil giggle from what sounded like a little girl

#6 1 year ago
  7. Buran

Why keeping it ps3 exclusive? Also read on neogaf that there were a PSVita logo on the site before but it has been removed.

edit: My WiiU is crying (again) and so am I.

#7 1 year ago
  8. GregSolidus

Looks like it’s the real world after all,Pause at :029 and you can see a digital map of Russia and at 0:26 you can clearly see America. You can see the Nosferatu from Ace Combat 6 with the PAK FA and a flight of Shinden IIs. Not really sure where they’re going with this. Are they going to continue where AH left off and throw in the sci fi elements they intentionally removed or are they creating another universe with the real world as a base.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Erthazus

Is this Pak-Fa/T-50 in the trailer?

#9 1 year ago
  10. GregSolidus

It’s flying at the end of the trailer.

#10 1 year ago
  11. lubu

it’s PS3-exclusive only in japan. Just Like Dynasty Warriors

#11 1 year ago
  12. Clupula

@11 – Dynasty Warriors is not from Namco-Bandai.

Namco have done both release PS3 exclusive games (Tales of Xillia) in the West AND release 360 versions of other Japanese PS3 exclusives (Dark Souls), so there is no telling, either way, which one they will do now.

However, when there is a 360 version of it for the West, they do usually announce that the very first day.

#12 1 year ago
  13. fihar

Strangereal has tons of backstory and history (albeit unoriginal ones) poured into it that it’s a shame to leave all those behind.

All I want is for my character to be important again. I miss hearing friendly ground troops cheering for my Ribbon Insignia and my Razgriz emblem as I flew past them.
    And get rid of those pesky helicopters. They remind me of Uncharted’s Jet-skis.

#13 1 year ago
  14. lubu

@Clupula

i know dynasty warriors is from tecmo-koei, all i’m saying is AceCombat is the same as dynasty warriors, first japanese release only on PS3, then after 3 to 6month later they announce english version of the game and coming on both cosoles.

Ace Combat 6 was x360 exclusive and it was a shitty game.
    this one looks like shitty game too, by the way Assault Horizon was shit too

#14 1 year ago
  15. GwynbleiddiuM

Not sure if I’m excited or worried just yet. No strange real again, worried. It might mean that the gameplay will remain as horrendous as Assault Horizon.

@4 Amen to that. that is the thing I’m worried about the most.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Clupula

@14 – But you’re speculating. There isn’t any proof of it either way. I’m saying wait and see, while you are saying it is a definite, which it is not.

And personally, I’m not a fan of the series anyway, so I don’t really care where it goes, but I just wanted to correct your use of pontification as fact.

#16 1 year ago
  17. SlayerGT

@15 I hope the gameplay is classic AC. If they return to it, I don’t give a shit what the story is, even though the only voices in the trailer seem weird. Just give me all my old mission types with a few new takes, and a shit ton of plane types and weapons, and I’ll be the happiest girl at the dance! :D Come on Namco, you win me back!

#17 1 year ago
  18. GwynbleiddiuM

@SlayerGT :D The trailer reminded a bit of Macross plus’ insane singing AI lady Sharon Apple. Which is a good thing. Really want them to pull something as insanely awesome as Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere, the JP version. I had to have the printed translated dialogues in my hand to understand it but it was an exceptional experience, a lot like Zone of Enders 1 and 2.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Blackened Halo

We will battle against an alien scum? :D

#19 1 year ago