Project Aces teaser suggests Ace Combat: Infinity reveal

Friday, 12th July 2013 03:19 GMT By Staff

Ace Combat: Infinity has been trademarked by Namco Bandai, suggesting that yesterday’s Project Aces teaser site is for a new entry into the air fighter series.

UPDATE:
Gematsu has added that “Ace Combat Infinity” has been trademarked by Namco Bandai in Europe.

ORIGINAL STORY: Namco Bandai has opened a teaser site for a new title from project Aces, its Ace Combat development team. There’s not much to see just yet, except the message “that day our sky fell, the heavens split to create new skies”. Stay tuned over the next few weeks for updates. The last Ace Combat game was Assault Horizon, which dropped in 2011.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. SlayerGT

For the love of god and all the is holy if they don’t get back to the roots of Ace Combat!

#1 1 year ago
  2. fihar

I hope they stop with the World War 3 nonsense and back to the fictional world.

#2 1 year ago
  3. datguy5

Hold on: “the heavens split to create new skies”? Is AC going back into space?

#3 1 year ago
  4. jonahfalcon

Please notice the enlarged “II’ in the word “fell”, which indicates a sequel. Ace Combat Assault Horizon II?

#4 1 year ago
  5. SlayerGT

@4 I efin hope not.

#5 1 year ago
  6. GwynbleiddiuM

Assault Horizon was complete garbage, I want Electrosphere remade, or something epic like AC4. Assault Horizon was a disgrace.

#6 1 year ago
  7. SlayerGT

@6 I loved 5 and Zero. Zero I must have played though 4 or 5 times. The morality system and branching story beats..it was so good.

#7 1 year ago
  8. GwynbleiddiuM

@7 They all were great, but ever since AC6, they started heading in the wrong direction. Gameplay-wise I don’t like the changes especially the helicopter and dogfight bit. It feels like an on-rail shooter now.

#8 1 year ago
  9. SlayerGT

@8 “Call of Dutification” is the description I believe you were looking for. Makes me sick. 6 abandoning Playstation never sat right why me either. It’ll take a lot to convince me to buy another AC. We’ll see.

#9 1 year ago
  10. GwynbleiddiuM

@9 Exactly, it was just a poor excuse for having a CoD in the Sky. I purchased a Saitek AV8R just to play AC6 on PS3, and then it was never released on it. And the new mechanics are just fucking horrible. Pitty, playing Ace Combat games on PS1 and PS2 was such a marvelous experience, they ruined it for me as well.

#10 1 year ago
  11. actuallyisnotafox

this would so go well with the Oculus Rift ^-^ js..

#11 1 year ago
  12. Belmont

My only exposure to franchise was Assault Horizon, It was really poor, heck. I preferred HAWX !

#12 1 year ago
  13. SlayerGT

@GwynbleiddiuM Send me a friend request on PS3. If the new one is any good, and has mp, we can team up. PSNID: SlayerGT

#13 1 year ago
  14. diego-rbb-93

For real guys, its too much if I ask Namco for a Ace Combat HD Trilogy for 360/Ps3/Vita?

Man…