The Witcher 2 mod adds tons of fixes, due very soon

Wednesday, 19th June 2013 21:10 GMT By Staff

The Witcher 2 is being updated considerably with a new, unofficial patch from The Witcher 3 developer Andrzej Kwiatkowski, who made it in his spare time with REDkit. It should be ready soon; CD Projekt RED PR manager Agnieszka Szostak told us it will turn up ahead of the “couple of weeks” timeframe we expected. Full patch notes on PCGamesN reveal loads of balancing changes and fixes for the two year old RPG.

1. YoungZer0

I LOVE THESE GUYS!

#1 10 months ago
  2. sidspyker

That is wrong, it is not an update but a mod for the game.

And while we’re at it, Flash also did Full Combat Rebalance mod for The Witcher 1, he wasn’t a developer then just a modder.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Ercarret

Awesome. It kind of reminds me of when Josh Sawyer did his own difficulty/balance mod for New Vegas when Obsidian moved on from the game. I never tried it since it came out after I’d finished the game, but I remember having the same kind of “Dude, I love you for doing this for the community” feeling that I’m having right now. :D

#3 10 months ago
  4. Hybridpsycho

It’s not a patch, its a “mod” made by Projekt RED’s own gameplay designer (Andrzej Kwiatkowski).

It will be released tomorrow (June 20th) and the full changelog can be found below.

#4 10 months ago
  5. YoungZer0

@2: … well, I still love them.

#5 10 months ago
  6. ayman03

@4 exactly,this news is two weeks old

#6 10 months ago
  7. sidspyker

@5 As do I, just stating that it’s not an update. I was typing before your comment appeared and by the time I posted you had already commented, wasn’t directed at you.

People will have to install the 3.4 update which allows mods for the game and then download the mod themselves which is like 2GB.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Oynox Slider

I’d like to have a patch for the buggy 360 version.. :(

#8 10 months ago
  9. monkeygourmet

‘I’d like to have a patch for the buggy 360 version..’

The spiders are MEANT to be in the game…! ;)

#9 10 months ago
  10. tcc

They must be balls-deep in The Witcher 3 development, yet still find time to support The Witcher 2. <3 <3

#10 10 months ago
  11. Kabby

Or, they’re still working on tools and it’s easier to prototype changes on the old shit.

#11 10 months ago
  12. Brenna Hillier

Updated article with corrections regarding the nature of the update.

#12 10 months ago
  13. sh4dow

Sounds nice. I was considering playing through it another time anyway. And I was going to play the “dark side”, to see that story as well but… I don’t like playing a bad guy and thanks to the additions of the enhanced edition and this mod, it seems like I might as well just play through it as a good guy one more time :) (or… at least as good as I can be in this game…)

I really hope you guys will write another article once it is out. Because often, I’ll see an article about something great but by the time it is out, I have still forgotten about it.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Hybridpsycho

This is out now :)

#14 10 months ago
  15. freedoms_stain

@13, What do you consider good and bad in The Witcher universe? The games are deliberately written so that the choices are morally ambiguous.

Do you support the human faction with their strong racist sentiments, or do you support the non-human faction and their terrorist methodology? It’s not a black and white choice imo.

#15 10 months ago