Titanfall unlikely to feature cross-platform play

Monday, 17th June 2013 21:34 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Respawn Entertainment co-founder Vince Zampella has told Gamespot that its upcoming mmo shooter Titanfall  ”most likely” won’t feature cross-platform play between Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

Zampella said that this is due to the studio’s desire to ensure a fair playing field across all platforms.

When asked specifically about whether or not the game will feature cross-platform play, Zampella was quick to respond, “Most likely not.” Zampella felt that there’s no advantage or disadvantage by having such a feature “I don’t think it’s locked yet, but to me, I’d like to keep it segregated so there’s no advantage or disadvantage.”

Titanfall is slated to release in spring 2014 exclusive for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

1. onlineatron

Wonder how an online-only game will fare with a new install base. Seems like cross-play would’ve made up for a lack of players.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Erthazus

LOL. why not?

I want to destroy Xbox One and 360 owners with M&K

#2 1 year ago
  3. nollie4545

Cross platform play usually means users on one system being destroyed whilst on significantly lower quality settings.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Aullah

PC already destroyed the xbox. Microsoft will never do any more crossplatform shooter game cause they dont wanna let console gamers to know, how much the keyboard mouse combo is superior.

#4 1 year ago
  5. undermyrules

if they do this i will play with my eyes closed on M and K to make sure that console gamers can have a chance.

#5 1 year ago
  6. AmiralPatate

Why would they do such thing? Surely they have no desire to be remembered as ‘the guys that made the new Shadowrun’.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Sanwiches

Arent* you a bunch of pretentious fuckers haha

#7 1 year ago
  8. Yoshi

They could have easily done 360 and X1 together. Obviously it can’t ever be with PC as PC has a massive advantage. :)

#8 1 year ago
  9. CPC_RedDawn

I still want to see PC specs for this game.

Will be get a ported version of the 360 game or the Xbox One game or even better?

Seen as its running on the Source engine, which is just crazy that engine can do graphics like this, I reckon it will run very nice on mid range gaming PC’s as do most source engine games as the engine is very hardware friendly as its been out since 2004 and has been patched and tweaked hundreds of times.

#9 1 year ago
  10. revsouly

Wait…So I don’t have to buy a Xbone (or high end PC) to get Titanfall? I guess I won’t give my 360 away.

#10 1 year ago
  11. AwesomeGus

I’m surprised nothing has been said by ps3fanboy. It looks like they pick their battles carefully

#11 1 year ago
  12. CyberMarco

So much for the power of the Cloud!

#12 1 year ago
  13. zmichalo39

translates to: “we don’t really feel like trying to make it work” why not just have a separate server/lobby for cross play. so then it’s a choice for the player. or have the pc player be forced to use a controller if they want to cross play with friends. can someone explain to me why those options wouldn’t work?

#13 1 year ago
  14. sebastien rivas

Because I would not buy a controller in first place.
    Or why not forcing console gamers to purchase a keyboard and mouse to play a single game…

None of those 2 ideas (your or mine) would be tangible in first place. Forcing something is rarely the way to go.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Kreion

Because it’s always funny.

It’s better this way tbh, mouse and Keyboard controls will always be more precise. That doesn’t mean I prefer how they feel when I play FPS, but the fact that they are more precise shouldn’t be under dispute. One group stomping another group means the game life would not be long…

#15 1 year ago