Killzone: Shadow Fall gets 21-minute PS4 gameplay walkthrough

Monday, 17th June 2013 10:40 GMT By Dave Cook

Killzone: Shadow Fall developer Guerrilla Games has published footage of a 21-minute gameplay presentation from E3 2013. The clip shows off PS4 gameplay running in realtime, as well as discussion from the studio that explains the game’s tech, characters and world.

Thanks GamesHQMedia.

1. bitsnark

Right.

Its probably going to end up as a fairly standard shooter gameplay-wise, but my oh my, those visuals are ridiculous.

Proper like.

2. Joe Anderson

Looks stunning.

3. machy

I CAN’t wait for the MP .. oh man if they bring Kz2 style i’ll not need any other game for like years .. KZ2 was my #1 FPS more then 1000 hours in mp

4. Fin

So pretty and shiny!

Happy there’s not much gray.

5. Erthazus

The city is huge and he explained how big it is, but at the same time the path is just scripted and too linear like in CoD. What’s the point then? There is a sequence that after minute everything just explodes.

Gameplay wise it’s just not that good. Shooting from that electrical boogaloo is not fun. Melee kills are still glitchy like in Killzone 3. Not even up to the Battlefield 3 standard.
    and visuals are just ok at best. I’m sure it was a PS3 title before that was ported over to PS4 when Dev kits were available.

6. manamana

^ “visuals are okay at best.” Let me guess: Crysis1 had better graphics than this POS?

7. Fin

Dude, snake (the original) had better visual than this sub hd shitty POS.

Course, if KZ was coming out exclusively to PC, it would be the GREATEST GRAPHICS OF ALL TIME.

8. machy

@5 on this demo yes but overall KZ:sf is much like mini-open world google hands on kZ:sf, know ur facts before u comment or els u’ll sound like a big troll how needs attention .. and if u ask me i’d bick KZ2 of bf3 anytime

9. Erthazus

@6, Nope. Multiplatform looks the same as this or it’s not even close to multiplat stuff.
    Even MMO game such as Destiny looks better with global illuminations and dynamic lightning.

You can’t even destroy stuff in Shadow Fall. I saw a weak shooter with bland shooting mechanics and linear scripted corridors with open scenery.

10. ps3fanboy

holy macaroni this looks so amazing, i will just have to buy it even if i dont’t get my hands on a ps4 the first day….

11. backup

looks good
    killzone needs some rest

12. polygem

looks good to me but i really have played enough shooters this gen. can´t feel any of them atm. not excited for this one either. only fps i am interested in is destiny.
    i will pick up knack instead and will have driveclub and the 3 indies with ps+ at launch. i do hope that they will announce one or two more launch surprise hits at tgs or gdc.

13. Gheritt White

OH GOD I AM AGREEING WITH ERTHAZUS *ALL THE FREAKING TIME*.

I feel so… dirty.

14. zinc

Needs more dogs to be truly next-gen.

15. Silent Killer01

ty

16. mistermogul

@14 – lolz

17. Citrus raptor

@14 And it has to be open-world with mmo elements…

18. Lengendaryboss

I Love the Killzone Series: thats all no need for Dogs or Fish :)

19. Da Man

Looks terrible.

Will play for about 500 hours in my free time.

20. Lengendaryboss