The Last of Us auto-save bug caused by server issues, has been addressed

Friday, 14th June 2013 17:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Last of Us players have run into a bug which keeps the game from auto-saving. This causes all progress can be lost if it’s not manually saved. Naughty Dog has tweeted that it has addressed the autosave issue, and it was related to servers on its end. “Please quit to XMB and restart the game,” the tweet said. “SP and MP are OK to play!” The issue was not specific to any version of the game, with or with out the day one patch, and further update to the game is needed.

1. absolutezero

I lost an entire section of the game.

and now I can’t be bothered doing it again. All that scavenging and fighting and surviving and nothing.

:( Moral of the story is babysit the shit out of the pause screen and completely disrupt the flow and feeling of the game by saving constantly.

2. polygem

“Some users have found that the auto-save works fine when playing it offline”

bug is meant to be in there…sony will use it for pr why always online stinks

3. silverstorm

I’m juat not gonna update it then. Pretty close to the end (i think) so thanks vg247 for the warning.

4. Phoenixblight

When I saw this, I went and checked if that was the case with my game. My game is fine. Hopefully they will have it resolved by the time I can actually play it.

5. mickey2002

I’m playing and can’t do a manual save, got Autosaving. Please Wait… 4 times next to the options after options/bonuses/tutorials. -_- So can’t quit/save/load/restart encounter ….. Was fine before this launch patch <_< guess finish up without turning the console off..

6. DGOJG

Its such a shame because the game is so damn good! I lost an hour of progress with the patch installed. Going to try playing offline to see if it helps. I’ll report back.

7. Beta

You’re telling me. Just lost myself 3 hours of gameplay!

Deleted the patch. Will have to replay tomorrow. Have to play the whole Bill section again which, while awesome is something I really can’t be bothered to do today :’)

8. monkeygourmet

Lol!

9. tezzer1985

So I downloaded the patch, but I’m yet to start it…should I delete the patch? Or just play offline? What does the patch do?

10. Beta

“RE #TheLastofUs autosave – we’ll have an update to share with you in a few minutes”

Naughty Dog twitter.

11. Beta

Christophe Balestra twitter.

The autosave issue was a problem w/ our servers. No patch needed to fix it, just re-launch the game. Thanks again :)

12. tezzer1985

@Naughty_Dog: We’ve addressed the autosave issue, it was related to servers on our end. Please quit to XMB and restart the game. SP and MP are OK to play!

They just tweeted this

13. polygem

“We’ve addressed the autosave issue, it was related to servers on our end.”

…again…throw this into the always on discussion!

14. deathm00n

@13 SimCity… BOOM. No need to drag any other game into always on discussions.

15. TrickyAudio

@14 + 1

On a related note, its £39.99 on PSN – is that just the single player game? In GAME its like £45

16. dravenkaze

bla bla bla lost an hour of gameplay cant be assed doing it again? wtf you have to replay an hour? if you died on sonic or mario you had to start again..from the start! gamers these days, or maybe the last of us is scary and you dont want to do it again lol

17. dravenkaze

@15 never buy from game they rip you off , buy from shopto.net

18. TrickyAudio

@17 I don’t normally, apart from the odd bargain or pre owned game I see. I normally use Amazon. Pre-ordered my PS4 with Game though for a midnight launch.

19. fihar

Crap, I just lost 3 hours worth of gameplay.
    I frickin’ hate clickers.

20. laughing-gravy

I’ve been having problems too. Lost a lot of my game even after downloading the update. Shizz!

21. Dralen

Same thing happened to me. Lost about an hour and a half. I knew something was wrong when it wouldn’t even let me manual save. :(

22. mickey2002

Just finished the game, I dout I’ll play again in the short term since to do a new game plus I’m gonna have to start from chapter *counts down the select screen* 7 again… -_- and do all the rest before can do a NGP (my ps3 has been turn on for a while, reset after finished the game, disconnected/reconnected to the net before incase that solved it didn’t so meh lost a lot of data thanks to some weird ass issue <_< wtf has a auto save got to do with something thats not client side -_-

23. CyberMarco

I’m not affiliated or partner of any kind, but I would suggest http://www.365games.co.uk

I find it as one of the most fair priced sites, and quite quick at delivering games to Italy. Also you can get in-store credit to use for your next purchases by writing reviews about games and products.

24. Dimaco

@Marco: like, how quick? Btw, good to have a fellow italian guy on this great site! :-)

25. absolutezero

I actually buy a few board games from 365games so I can vouch for them aswell.

26. mistermike

how does one mess up a thing like saving in a game. Just seems like a big part of a game.

27. KruegWM

This is so muchc bullshit. I lost just about 7 hours of game play and have to go through all that shit again.

28. Kabby

I wonder what happens when these Naughty Dog Servers(tm) get shutdown.

29. Phoenixblight

Nothing. Its related to the metric collection and it overriding the autosave feature.

30. Kabby

Yeah that’s not a critical problem at all.

31. Phoenixblight

Its fixed. Nothing to complain about. Dead Island had the same exact problem and they didn’t fix it for two weeks. Naughty Dog fixed it the same day of release.

32. bubby

Played for 6 hours now i have to do it all again nice

33. Lengendaryboss

Wasn’t affected at all :)

34. monkeygourmet

I’m about to play through this in a few hours! Can’t wait! :)

Kotaku recommended playing this on ‘hard’, anyone think that would be a good idea?

35. Lengendaryboss

@Monkey
    Only if you’re prepared for a very hard challenge and really its up to personal preference, that said i have picked hard and i have played two hours and haven’t failed yet. Stealth is your best friend, its very easy (for me) although get caught and things get difficult. You can’t go in guns blazing which makes for good planning ahead.

36. monkeygourmet

Thanks LB.

I don’t mind ‘good and fun gameplay’ but hard difficulty, I just don’t like stupid spikes. COD single player springs to mind, on veteran, suddenly each enemy becomes a super soldier and knows exactly where you are at all times, headshot ting you at the drop of a hat!

I think I’ll try on hard first, then can always drop it down if its too difficult.