Amazon lists Xbox One controller for $60, Microsoft calls price speculative

Thursday, 13th June 2013 16:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Amazon has listed the Xbox One controller for the same price as the DualShock 4. The recommended retail price listed by Sony is $59/$59/€59/£54 and Amazon lists it for the same. The Xbox One controller is also listed for around the $60 mark. However, a Microsoft spokesperson has said retailers often list hardware for speculative prices and it has not announced a recommended price. Via Gamespot.

1. Aullah

The only good thing that came out of microsoft… hope we can buy the controller for PC.

2. DeVitowned

$60 is a bit much for a controller without rechargeable battery.

3. foofly

I hope they also announce a wired one.

4. fearmonkey

^ – it’s micro USB so it will probably work as wired without a special version. The question is, what will it take to work with the PC? A special dongle like the 360′s?

5. Tavarish

@4 Kinda funny that they aren’t open about PC version of the controller considering that e.g. Bf 4 booth has KB&M and XB1 controller available as control choices for players.

6. viralshag

I hope it’s closer to the £40 range. I do think that’s wishful thinking though but I would probably pick one up for my PC well before I get the X1 console.

7. ps3fanboy

i think they hit the spot there with that price… only speculative here is microsoft.

8. nervedamaged

It almost seems like they are considering raising the price. I hope not, I dont mind the 60.00 too much, but i doubt they will go lower than that

9. MCTJim

the PS4 controller and the X1 are the same price as I got an extra controller with each system from GS here in the USA. I cant speak for elsewhere.