PS4′s social functions, video sharing and game-swapping shown in new trailer

Tuesday, 11th June 2013 10:44 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation 4′s suite of social and game sharing functions has been showcased in a trailer, courtesy of Sony.

The clip shows how users can access elements of the PS4′s social functions using smartphones, and how players can download part of a game and then start playing before it’s done. The example given showed a chap choosing whether to download Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer or single-player mode first.

What do you think of the trailer and the features shown?

Thanks Kotaku.

1. Kieran

a lot of people are saying the sharing option are different from ps4 and X1 like twitch & u stream r something whats the big difference exactly ??

#1 1 year ago
  2. Joe Musashi

1:00 “Dude, I don’t got that, man, I gotta go get it”.

You, sir, will not be welcome on any friends list of mine with such a sloppy vocabulary and woeful vernacular. Good day.

JM

#2 1 year ago
  3. Christopher Jack

@2, Thought he said something ridiculous.

#3 1 year ago
  4. ps3fanboy

i see you can use your own avatars… everyone had a photo of them self on there… this is so awesome!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lloytron

I hadn’t seen the headset before, I guess that is the official one?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Digital Bamboo

@2 Aha, I wasn’t the only one who cringed a little at that, then?

So much wrong with that sentence I don’t even know where to begin. I just wonder where he thought he needed to go to get Killzone. It wasn’t in the fridge.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Stardog

@1 They’re just different streaming services. Ustream and Justin.tv.

#7 1 year ago
  8. DSB

That layout kinda looks like Metro.

Are Sony and Microsoft sharing the same retarded designers?

#8 1 year ago
  9. salarta

WHO IS SARAH GREENE AND WHEN CAN I HAVE HER BABIES?

But yeah, good video, shows off the great things about the PS4. It’s nice to see a company come up with genuinely meaningful innovations, things that gamers didn’t know they wanted or needed beforehand.

#9 1 year ago
  10. KineticCalvaria

It’s like a terribly cheesy soap opera, the amount of sexual tension between Will and Sarah, it’s obviously gonna happen.

#10 1 year ago
  11. salarta

@10: B-but she is my waifu! I have already made a shrine of her out of popsicle sticks and elmer’s glue!

#11 1 year ago
  12. CyberMarco

“things that gamers didn’t know they wanted or needed beforehand.”

And right there my friend is the deception of the industry making us believe that we need what they are offering.

But who cares, Kingdom Hearts 3 is real!!! :D :D :D

#12 1 year ago
  13. powerbuoy

Lol that is the corniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Djoenz

I agree this was pretty cheesy hahaha :P

#14 1 year ago
  15. WENDiGO

I’m mad you guys payed attention to the acting…screw the acting all I cared about about was the interface.

#15 1 year ago