Capcom confirms E3 line-up, releases quite a few screenshots

Thursday, 6th June 2013 16:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Capcom has confirmed its E3 line-up and has released many a screenshots for the games it is bringing to the event.

Here is what is in store for E3 attendees:

DuckTales: Remastered (PSN, XBLA, Wii U, PC)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PSN, XBLA, Wii U, PC)
Lost Planet 3 (PS3, 360, PC)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS)
“A big surprise”

Screenshots for each are below along with videos of DuckTales.

1. Ristas

That big surprise better be Dragon’s Dogma 2! Or Asura’s Wrath 2. I would be OK with both.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Bam007

“A big surprise” – oh great, so another major game with disc-locked content but the publisher claims it was due to lack of time? Can’t wait!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Yazi

the big surprise is dead rising 3 which is hardly surprising or exciting.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Pytox

Megaman FPS game

#4 1 year ago
  5. JGMR

Resident Evil 2 remake! Nah, that would actually show love towards their audience.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Ireland Michael

@5 Because rehashing old ideas is so creative.

It’s amazing what nostalgia does for people. Those old Resident Evil titles were terrible games, especially by modern standard. A classic is good forever, and is ageless.

Capcom love for quality went out the window the day they disbanded Clover, and 90% of their creative talent abandoned the company when that happened. So don’t hold your breath.

#6 1 year ago
  7. YoungZer0

@5: That would be nice.

Also, DmC 2.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Abdo shniba

another ios\andrid\windows phone game announcement -_- , hope not though.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Froseidon

@1 Could be Deep Down, I hope so, that at least looked Dragon’s Dogma-esque

#9 1 year ago
  10. SlayerGT

@1&9 yes yes and yes please :D

#10 1 year ago
  11. OnionPowder

Hoping for either Dead Rising 3 or Dragon’s Dogma 2! Playing through DD: Dark Arisen right now and I’m having a blast.

#11 1 year ago
  12. YoungZer0

@6: I know you don’t like the previous Resident Evil title. But I still think – and I’m not in the minority – that those games actually got the Horror elements right. I’m not talking about the tank controls here or the limited save options, those definitely can go. But the limited ammo and the threat that even the smallest enemy can be, I want that back. I don’t even care much about the perspective, although that really added to the horror.

I want them to make a 180 and abandon everything they did in RE6.

Except maybe Jake Muller. I kind of liked the guy and there’s potential for a real reaction since he’s new to the whole virus outbreak thing. Still pissed the let Leon look like a complete fool in this one. Talking to zombies, really? Taking someone clearly infected into a elevator, really? Did he learn nothing in those 15 years?

Oh, and they should hire a native writer.

Or maybe just let Ninja Theory do everything at this point.

#12 1 year ago
  13. TheLastDodo

I hope it’s not another Res Evil.

Would Deep Down really be a surprise?

Dead Rising 3?

Can’t say I’m really bothered about that much Capcom offers now, though I’m glad they’ve started releasing new IP’s lately.

#13 1 year ago
  14. YoungZer0

@13: RE7 is coming. Logo was leaked a few weeks ago, rumors however say that it won’t be at E3.

#14 1 year ago
  15. JGMR

@6 Well, I don’t have a problem with newer games and high risks, and Clover was indeed a extremely creative internal studio (a real high point). BUT, like Resident Evil (which got remade into a perfect game) it’s sequel is so highly revered, just as Square’s Final Fantasy VII is, that a lot of people would like to see these games brought to modern standards…

#15 1 year ago
  16. SlayerGT

@13 I could see a very Japanesey , “Deep Down is really Dragons Dogma! Surprise!” :)

#16 1 year ago
  17. TheLastDodo

Oh was that true? I thought it was a fake.

I’ll be avoiding if it continues in the direction that RE6 went.

@16: You never know :)

#17 1 year ago
  18. salarta

If the “big surprise” isn’t either Devil May Cry 5 or a Resident Evil game starring Jill and/or Claire then it doesn’t matter. And if it’s DmC 2 or yet another bit of fanboyism over Chris, Leon or Ada then it’s another black mark.

It’d be nice if it turned out to be Resident Evil 7 starring Jill and Claire, even though the “leaked logo” was confirmed fake and even appeared on sites like GameFAQs as far back as February.

#18 1 year ago
  19. OnionPowder

@17 That was never confirmed. Treat it as a rumor and most likely a fan photoshop for now.

#19 1 year ago
  20. superjay779

Deep Down aka Dragons Dogma 2 please

#20 1 year ago
  21. Dark

I’m hoping for
    Devil may cry 5 developed by PG ( i doubt this will ever happen)
    new Darkstalkers and Dragon’s Dogma 2!

#21 1 year ago
  22. TheBlackHole

Deep Down would be awesome. Had big potential.

#22 1 year ago
  23. WeskerEvil

Excuse me but…Did you just called Resident Evil “terrible”????

I can understand someone say something like this about RE 6, RE5, maybe RE4…But Resident Evil 2? As you said, a classic is good forever, and this game IS a classic. RE 1 remake is brilliant, amazing, beatifull, almost perfect. RE 2 Remake sound great, and the fans NEED a good RE game to forget about RE 5.

#23 1 year ago
  24. salarta

@23: Some people are insistent that excellent classic games sucked and just about anything is an improvement, especially if it involves doing the exact opposite of what the old stuff had going for it. We know there was a reason these franchises managed to continue on to the present day, but to some people, if it doesn’t fit modern popular trends and gimmicks, it magically always sucked. So, I’d say overall it’s probably better to stand up for the games, but not waste time arguing with people that don’t want to see the good in the past.

#24 1 year ago
  25. ChameleonX

“A big surprise”? Finally, Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat!

#25 1 year ago
  26. salarta

@25: If I don’t get to fight bacon, Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat is moot. Moot, I tell you! MOOT!

#26 1 year ago
  27. ApplePieChart

Dino Crisis reboot

#27 1 year ago
  28. Astral Frost

It is pathetic that Lost Planet 3 is visually inferior to Lost Planet 2. They had to use a different engine – and it shows. If you look at gameplay footage, it’s pretty underwhelming in comparison.

#28 1 year ago
  29. ps3fanboy

@28 i think you need to clean your glasses… and take another close look.

#29 1 year ago
  30. Vice

The “big surprise” better be a complete Resident Evil reboot or at least remake of first 4 games…. (ok at least from 2nd to CV)

#30 1 year ago
  31. Ireland Michael

Not gonna happen.

If you want to relive the “glory days” of Resident Evil… just play them.

#31 1 year ago
  32. Clupula

@30 – No reboot. There’s no need to erase all those games worth of history. Just make RE7 horror focused and on a smaller scale. There’s no need for the fate of the entire world to be in the balance, just the characters you play as.

#32 1 year ago
  33. Clupula

A big surprise, hmmm…let’s see

Big surprises I want to see that I think have a possibility of being announced: DMC5, Street Fighter V, Darkstalker IV, a more horror-focused RE7 (that, just to spite Salarta, has neither Jill nor Claire)

Big surprises I want to see that have no chance in hell of happening: God Hand 2, DMC5 being made by Platinum games, a big budget turn-based AAA Breath of Fire return, a new fighting game ip

#33 1 year ago