EA still developing Wii U titles, just not as many as on PS4, Xbox One

Wednesday, 22nd May 2013 18:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Electronic Arts hasn’t stopped making games for Wii U, it’s just not developing as many titles for it as with Microsoft and Sony consoles.

This is according to what EA CFO Blake Jorgensen told attendees at the Stifel Nicolaus 2013 Internet, Media and Communications Conference yesterday, via Polygon.

“I think Nintendo’s business was more [an] extension of their last console,” Jorgensen said. “We are building titles for the Nintendo console, but not anywhere near as many as we are for PlayStation or Xbox.

“I think what the consumer will find is a lot more powerful gameplay with the new boxes that are coming out, and a lot of excitement, but it’ll remain to be seen as to the services associated with those as to how consumers decide which direction they might want to go.”

His comments come after Jeff Brown, EA’s VP of communications and public affairs, told Kotaku last week that the firm didn’t have “games in development for Wii U, currently.”

A separate representative told Eurogamer that FIFA 14 would not be released on Wii U due to poor sales of FIFA 13 on the system.

Further comments on EA skipping Wii U came from EA Sports software architect and engineer Bob Summerwill, who stated the firm will focus development on “markets which actually matter… like mobile, and Gen4,” leading many to assume EA Sports title would not be offered on Wii U in the foreseeable future.

Yesterday, EA unveiled its new sports engine, Ignite, and said today it will run on PS4 and Xbox One, but not on PC – meaning the mouse and keyboard folks will have to make due with FIFA 13 graphics. Does this mean Wii U as well? Only a once clear, concise answer is given will we know for sure.

1. DeVitowned

Low sales of FIFA due to a rushed version of the game that wasn’t even up to par with what features the other consoles received. EA are themselves to blame.

#1 11 months ago
  2. MadFlavour

Perfect advert for the Wii U.

No EA games. Sold.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

U no pay attention two Wii as you do with onebox and 4station (Xbox One and PS4). Seriously not surprising that their PR caused a stir although very true. Though how long will Wii U be supported for by EA? How long?

I hope to god that Nintendo’s Guardian Angel does not comment.

Dozen of people will celebrate and buy Wii U if it had games though.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Dragon246

@LB,
    “Dozen of people”
    Isn’t that just sad? :P

#4 11 months ago
  5. Francis O

Legendaryboss….still waiting for that answer on a debate. Since you think you’re so smart. I can understand if you’re scared.

#5 11 months ago
  6. ps3fanboy

as i said earlier the wii-utanic have turned into the wii-uboat…

#6 11 months ago
  7. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Oh dear, you shattered my hopes of you not commenting :( I am not going to waste my time debating with a hardcore Nintendo fanboy who cannot be reasoned with, i never said i was smart go on find where i said i was smart, but i do think about it personally and scared? Hah point a gun towards my head maybe but scared? No. I only have a debate with a rational, equal minded person with you i would just lose hours of sleep wasting time on such a lost cause. I have no problem debating with you here but it goes no further then that because the more places i have communicating with you the more nightmares i will have :D

@Dragon
    Sad? Yes. Truth? Sadly Yes.

@PS3Fanboy
    Oh, i preferred Doomtendo it was much more catchy and original.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

I’m gonna comment further saying its starts off with publishers developing less games then no games for many reasons most likely already used.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Francis O

I’m not a delusional fanboy. I got every system (PS3 Xbox 360, Wii U, Wii)

You’re the one who trolls Nintendo in every single post. You don’t even like them yet you take the time to leave you’re two cents on every Nintendo article.

You’re a Sony Drone, admit it. You called the Wii U a dying console, but agreed with me when I said the PS Vita just needs games. How come the Wii U can’t rebound with a stellar lineup of games but the Vita can? Cause you’re bias that’s why.

Anyways, you’re obviously scared to debate because you know you’ll lose.

What should I call you?

1. Legendarycoward
    2. Legendarychicken

Or my personal favorite Legendarybitch. Debate me like a man, face to face. Get out of your comfort zone. Everybody here is a freaking drone, they take your side, even when it comes to EA.

Debate me on YouTube and lets let the viewers decide who has more sense.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Francis O

I already said I’ll be civil, we’ll go over the fine points and details. I won’t call you names….ect.

#10 11 months ago
  11. Gekidami

“I already said I’ll be civil”

“What should I call you?

1. Legendarycoward
    2. Legendarychicken”

You clearly dont know the meaning of the word.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Joe Musashi

@9“Everybody here is a freaking drone..”

Yes. We’re just jealous because the voices only talk to you.

JM

#12 11 months ago
  13. Francis O

@11 I meant in the debate on Youtube. Legendaryboss did that to me one time so I just joking with him.

Legendary making more excuses that Microsoft right now. Man up, and debate me off of this bias site.

#13 11 months ago
  14. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Like i said i will only have a debate with a rational, equal minded person, FFS Francis i have mentioned this many times i am not a Sony drone, i am universal fan who has opinions on the big three, sure my opinions about Nintendo may get you angry but it doesn’t seem to affect anyone else. The nicknames i provided for you was Guardian Angel Or NDF and the ones you provided for me were asshole, bitch, coward and chicken and you say you will be civil, go find an online dictionary :D Why did i call Wii U a dying console and not PS Vita? Lets see EA temporarily pulls support for Wii U did they do that for PS Vita? Wii U is officially not part of a generation whereas the PS Vita is. Wii U loses major exclusives whereas PS Vita doesn’t. Honestly there are both dying consoles ATM, though the differences stated is where it lies. Francis your opinion of me means less to me than a dog turd, but link your youtube channel i want to get a laugh out of you defending Nintendo from all the hate :D

#14 11 months ago
  15. Clupula

I do get what Francis is trying to do with the debate, as it would be the type of thing one would put up if you were trying to make yourself a legit news source for videogame stuff. He already has the site that he’s always linking to, so I can see what he’s trying to do.

He wouldn’t be the first biased person to know very little of what he’s talking about to run a website. I mean, there is Siliconera, after all.

I just don’t see a reason to take the bait without something in it for any of us.

#15 11 months ago