Panopticon: PS Vita exclusive revealed as Freedom Wars, launching 2014

Tuesday, 21st May 2013 10:54 GMT By Dave Cook

Freedom Wars is the final title of Sony Japan Studio’s recently released exclusive, codenamed ‘Panopticon’. The game has received a new trailer which is largely the original clip, but with more subtitles and insight into what’s going on.

The clip shows London again, and this time it appears the counter above everyone’s head is the time left of their prison sentence, suggesting that this reality is actually some kind of virtual jail, or alternate reality. Sony has listed the game’s genre as ‘”Recovery” Multiplayer Action’, what that means precisely remains to be seen.

Check it out above and let us know what you think below.

Thanks GamesHQMedia and NeoGAF.

1. JackThomas

No way this looks like a Vita game. Should have been releasing for the PS4.

#1 1 year ago
  2. The_Red

I guess that means everything in the trailer was CG.

Also, I love the look of this game. Not the technical aspects, but the feel of it. Reminds me of Digital Devil Saga 1-2 which were awesome… Man, I’d kill for a SMT game on HD consoles instead of handhelds.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

Seduce me with your next-gen colors and then let me down. Thanks for the blue balls, Freedom Wars.

Well, this is one game I can stop paying attention to.

Bro.

#3 1 year ago
  4. dizzygear

So any chance this will be released outside Japan as well or will they keep it for themselves like with the rest of all the Vita games?

#4 1 year ago
  5. DrDamn

Yoshida says I hope so …

#5 1 year ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

A good step Sony now improve and expand the lineup for 2014, its looks intriguing to say the least.

#6 1 year ago