The Last of Us has best multiplayer ever conceived – Naughty Dog

Friday, 17th May 2013 09:27 GMT By Dave Cook

The Last of Us has multiplayer, we know that much and not much else about it to be honest. But Naughty Dog lead artist Nate Wells has been touting it as something rather special.

Wells made his comment over on Twitter last night, ahead of this morning’s wave of The Last of Us previews.

If you missed my hands-on impressions, you can play catch up here. We’ll surely have more on multiplayer soon, seeing as the game’s out June 14.

Meanwhile, Sony has registered trademarks for The Last of Us 2 and 3. Check out the details here.

1. CycloneFox

I loved the MP in Uncharted 3. It was so much more perfected in contrary to Uncharted 2, so I can imagine, how well The Last of Us-es MP might be.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

Talk is cheap.

#2 1 year ago
  3. KAP

Tell vg247 that. The whole site relies on it.

As for this article, Naughty Dog has proved them selfs time and time again so I can believe MP will be a game changer.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

Thats not what i meant, i wasn’t referring to VG247 they do an amazing job delivering news. I was referring to the fact that we are a month away and haven’t see multiplayer footage. Normally i would be concerned but i remember its Naughty Dog after all, multiplayer is not tacked on.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Djoenz

I agree with LB. Bold words. Im sure mr. Wells was talking about their own studio when it comes to best MP conceived but imo Uncharted mp was weak like most third person mp like Max Payne3, tombraider.

Only one I liked was red dead redemption mp. I prefer first person MP.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Hcw87

Need a horde-style multiplayer similar to ME3, or some coop atleast.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Gekidami

Last night? What timezone do you live in, Dave?

#7 1 year ago
  8. polygem

as much as i tried to like uc´s mp, i never really got into it. it was way too unbalanced and clunky. there was potential but it never really was a good mp game – at least not in my book. nothing the world Needs…doubt it will Change with this one, but hey, surprise me.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Showmeyomoves!

@1 Uncharted 2′s multiplayer was simple, fun and to the point. Uncharted 3′s was trying way too hard to be Call of Duty with its unlockable perks, unlockable hats, unlockable freaking EVERYTHING. They had a good thing going and they ruined it.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Zeydlitz

Best multiplayer — no multiplayer at all.

#10 1 year ago
  11. monkeygourmet

I hope it’s co-op survival based.

Kind of like minecraft, fortifying your defence against attack and foraging for supplies.

Kind of like that new EPIC unreal 4 game, but more mature.

If they did that properly, it could be better than the single player experience! :)

#11 1 year ago
  12. Reddpayn

Big words but it might be possible. Hope it is not just another shooter mp

#12 1 year ago
  13. Bomba Luigi

I really don’t care, and it would be a little Miracle if I should play this MP. I want a good SP, and thats all that matters. And I’m very optimistic about that, have a lot of faith in ND.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Beta

Agree with people that I’m not bothered about multi player. Buying it only for single player which I’m very excited about as Naughty Dog have yet to let me down with one of their games. :)

#14 1 year ago
  15. sg1974

ND will surely deliver on good SP. Don’t they always? But a worthwhile MP will be a nice bonus. I have to say, Uncharted 3′s MP was very good fun and pitched just right.

#15 1 year ago