The Last of Us development has concluded

Wednesday, 15th May 2013 21:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Last of Us has finished development, lovelies. Start your excited dance now. The news was announced via an Instagram picture posted by Naughty Dog co-president Christophe Balestra earlier today. Likely, this means it’s golden and ready to be shipped to the pressers for distribution. About time, eh? The Last of Us releases June 14 worldwide exclusively on PS3.

1. Lengendaryboss

Yay no more delays :D Now to preorder at GAME to get the Original Soundtrack plus goodies.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Gimme gimme!!!! :D

Slightly on topic, can anyone recommend me a good 360 controller for PS3 I can purchase when I buy this?

Or a good adaptor that lets me plug in a 360 pad to PS3 (got to be UK) and lets you use rumble?

I find the PS3 sticks far too ‘loose’ for FPS and TPS games. I currently have this:

Which is good, but it still doesn’t sort my ‘stick’ problem out.

#2 1 year ago
  3. polygem

i am tired, too lazy and typing on a vita right now. will keep things short and wont provide links. i once had the power a pro controller. was decent and i believe it is the best on the market, still wouldn’t recommend it. the analog stick transition was a bit laggy imo. i also had an adapter that allowed me to use the 360 pad but it obviously didn’t have sixaxxis and i think it didn’t have rumble. it worked well though. cannot recall the name of that thing….i am back on the ds3 now. i wont bother looking for another controller but man am i glad that they redesigned that thing.

#3 1 year ago
  4. polygem

edit: it was the xcm cross battle adapter….

#4 1 year ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Thanks Poly, I will see if they have updated the adaptor thingy! :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. polygem

…look how tired…wtf just happened there. fuck it. good night.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Beta

Seriously, giddy with excitement for this game :D

#7 1 year ago
  8. monkeygourmet

Great! :)

#8 1 year ago
  9. zinc

I’m not the only one interested in the multiplayer am I?

Yes, i’m sure the SP will be compelling and awesome. No doubt i’ll shed a manly tear when Joel dies (or the girl, but my money is on Joel).

But I really am interested in what MP designs Naughty Dog have for essentially a survival horror.

#9 1 year ago
  10. monkeygourmet

I’m interested, but most excited for the single player on this one!

For some reason, I can just see ‘Horde’ mode and base defence using friendly ‘survivors’ when I think about the multiplayer in this… I hope I’m wrong because that has been done to death in recent years.

I also think Joel dies and maybe a sequel will be set up for the girl being a ‘feisty’ and ‘sassy’ young woman. :)

#10 1 year ago
  11. zinc

^ Lol, the fact I reckon Joel dies is stopping me from being too excited for this :)

I’ve still to complete Mass Effect 3, because of the sad ending :(

#11 1 year ago
  12. monkeygourmet

Saddest game for me… I think Aeris’s death in FF7… It just blew me away. It’s an oldie now but I think I was about 16 when I played that on the PS1…

First proper ‘death’ of a main character I’d experienced in a videogame and it was pretty powerful too me. And they say videogames don’t make you think or get emotional and make you violent?!

What bullshit…

I only burnt down 2 church’s after I played that game… Oh, and the spate of shoplifting… ;)

#12 1 year ago
  13. jmg24bad

He posted a spoiler number 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VG247 needs to fix it

#13 1 year ago
  14. polygem

i will play this game but strangely i am not too pumped. cancelled my preorder because of serious backlog issues. might change my mind when i get hype infected again but for now it looks like i can wait a little longer. will start dark souls this week and i doubt that i will finish this ’til june 14 :)
    i do not want to play any side games (maybe on vita or 3ds here and there) when i will play this beast.

i really like the setting, look and feel of last of us. no doubt that it will be less than awesome. i enjoyed all the uncharted games but i wouldn’t call myself a fan. always prefered jak n dax :).
    this one here looks superb.

have you guys watched /read ” the road’? i mean this game is VERY inspired by that book/ movie. i’d recommend to read it or watch it to get in the mood…sad stuff though. but there is hope.

you know what. i confess. i cried (just a little bit) in gears of war 3. what a masterpiece. lol.

#14 1 year ago
  15. redwood

Day one buy for me.. not even gonna read the reviews or see any trailers.. I havn’t even seen any of the vids Just don’t want to spoil this masterpiece!!

#15 1 year ago
  16. redwood

btw the saddest ending for me was for ICO..and SoTC blew me away too though not the ending,but that level where you have to run towards your love.. but you keep getting pulled back..

#16 1 year ago
  17. polygem

yes, these are sad moments.
    i was also emotionally moved by journey. it was a great take on life and death. i absolutely loved the spirituality in that game. demons souls almost made me cry at one part too…but for other reasons.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Beta

Though I can’t cry at movies and games [don't know why, I'm obviously dead inside :')] the closest I’ve ever come is Journey. Astounding game.

@13 That’s not a spoiler, he said he “reckons Joel dies” if there was no reckon in that sentence then it would be a spoiler.

#18 1 year ago