Next-Xbox reveal set for May 21 in Redmond, Washington

Wednesday, 24th April 2013 18:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft is ready to send out invites for its next Xbox console, according and image which appears to be an RSVP. Furthermore, Major Nelson has confirmed the matter.

The invite states that the unveiling of a “new generation” will take place on May 21 in Redmond, Washington at 10am.

Major Nelson said in his post that a “new generation of games, TV and entertainment” will be revealed.

A special press event on the Xbox campus will be livestreamed through Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV in the US and Canada.

“On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future,” he said. “Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

“We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.”

Rumors galore have surrounded the next console from the Seattle giant, whether it is “always-om” or “sometimes on” or not along with the hardware which powers it.

A post with every rumor imaginable was compiled, and you can look over it again through the link if you wish.

Come May 21, it will all be out in the open. No more “rumors and speculation.”

Thank. God.

1. No_PUDding

Always on, it is!

Let’s see how they position it. Looking forward to hearing about the games I won’t be able to play :(

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

So it begins. Now i just wonder what MS will do to trump Sony’s PS4 reveal.

#2 1 year ago
  3. G1GAHURTZ

Hype!

#3 1 year ago
  4. mistermogul

Let the games begin!

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

Prepare for the TV-Box!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Moonwalker1982

FINALLY!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Pytox

The arrival of big brother revealed lol

#7 1 year ago
  8. Stephany Nunneley

@6 My sentiments exactly. Only add a few expletives to it.

#8 1 year ago

Fallout 4 MS exclusive
    Left 4 Dead 3 MS exclusive

Then I’m good to go!

HYPE! :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. fearmonkey

Ms will announce that the next xbox is called Cableboxx, and be the first cablebox/DVR that can play games.

#10 1 year ago

possibly and hopefully
    doubtful
    doubtful
    doubtful

#12 1 year ago
  13. Francis O

MS is going figure out every single way possible to charge consumers.

#13 1 year ago
  14. laughing-gravy

Games, TV and entertainment, a confused mess basically!

#14 1 year ago
  15. Joe Musashi

@9 Why the desire for so much power. When evangelising weak architecture I see a whole lot of “power isn’t what matters” rhetoric. All of a sudden it matters – in a very targeted context.

JM

#15 1 year ago
  16. Lengendaryboss

and comsumers will still pay for it.

#16 1 year ago
  17. deathm00n

C’mon MS let’s see if you can convince me to abandon Sony. So far PS4 has all my attention and hype.

#17 1 year ago
  18. monkeygourmet

Because it will be most likely my main platform. I may go PC, but most of my friends game on 360 so we will probably be heading in that direction again providing they don’t fuck it up.

The more power the better. Ideally wanted 1080p, 60fps and no screen tearing. Along with the ability to use all my old games and XBLA purchases.

The PS4 has failed so far in those areas, for me anway. Looks more like PS3.5 and the Gaikai streaming stuff just sounds like its going to be a mess.

If the 720 is roughly the same, I’ll prob bite the bullet and go PC and Wii U and maybe get the 720/PS4 down the line…

#18 1 year ago
  19. Lewis247

If it’s always on then I will honestly loose hope and never purchase the system, ever.

I’m sure, well, hopefully certain the system won’t be. I’m just looking for some juicy gameplay. So hyped for next gen it’s unreal.

#19 1 year ago
  20. laughing-gravy

Gaikai a mess? It’s proven tech that works and has done for quite a while!

#20 1 year ago
  21. Erthazus

Microsoft, please! Release your PC Box and Rip Off your stupid consumers.

Corridor shooters, HP regeneration, Last gen 1080p and mainstream shit is inbound with Windows 8 sauce on top of it.

Can’t wait to laugh my ass off when they will talk about “Now, EksBawks can use Stand by mode – revolution in gaming”

:D Come on!

#21 1 year ago
  22. polygem

new xbox? man they are really milking this now.

#22 1 year ago
  23. anik_lc

“If you would like to decline your invitation click here.”

Did you click there Steph? :P

#23 1 year ago
  24. Beta

Already sold on a PS4, very interested to see which direction MS go with this. :)

#24 1 year ago
  25. YoungZer0

I really hope they reveal more than just the console. Games. It’s all about the games.

#25 1 year ago
  26. aleph31

My stupid guess:

– 8GB DDR3
    – Similar architecture than PS4 (exception made on the memory subsystem), slightly less powerful GPU
    – $349 price point
    – kinect 2.0 bundled
    – Lot of conquer-the-living-room crap, TV – STB – Media Center
    – NO backwards-compatibility
    – NO word on always-online nor second-hand (ie they will neither say yes / no)
    – Some info on new smartglass features
    – AND some form of PC – Xbox compatibility (the way to disrupt Sony, Steam and Apple in one shot)

#26 1 year ago
  27. Phoenixblight

Not for MS it isn’t. Its about the services they can provide with the next Xbox; Red box, Facebook, Xbox Music, HBO GO and Kinect. THis is what MS is selling, a service box.

#27 1 year ago
  28. redwood

am thinking they might announce the price, just to counter sony’s “first punch”.. but that’s just me thinking.. i really don’t think that’s how good buisness is done

#28 1 year ago
  29. Moonwalker1982

I like how the quotes talk about games first and then mention TV and entertainment. And blockbuster games…i really want to know what they are going to bring us.

#29 1 year ago
  30. Beta

@25 Microsoft seems to be going the more set top box route than “hardcore” games console.

I’m sure there’ll be some games though.

#30 1 year ago
  31. Beta

It’ll also be interesting to see if Sony slag off the reveal on twitter a’la Major Nelson with the PS4 reveal ;p

#31 1 year ago
  32. Fin

HYPE TRAIN STARTS HERE

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER

#32 1 year ago
  33. SeWICX

Buy Call Of Duty GHosts on the new XBOX!
    GET OUR BRAND NEW DLC AGREEMENT FIRST! ALL DLC FIRST ON THE NEXT XBOX!

fuck Microsoft

#33 1 year ago
  34. The_Red

Thinking about the most interesting part of the reveal conference / show: How will they spin Always-online as a positive “feature”?

#34 1 year ago
  35. SeWICX

#34
    Buy XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP AND YOU GET THE FEATURE NOT TO BE ONLINE 24/7! :D

#35 1 year ago
  36. deathm00n

@34 “It’s always-online people, ALWAYS, the other company has sometimes-online. Better always than sometimes, isn’t it? Better more than less!”

#36 1 year ago
  37. Beta

@33 +1 Sick of timed exclusivity deals.

#37 1 year ago
  38. aleph31

@34 they will not comment on it. If this “feature” is indeed included in the next Xbox, we will not know until later, they cannot allow their stellar presentation to sink because of hate chain reaction.

#38 1 year ago
  39. Joe Musashi

Noted elsewhere: “this event will happen at 2am Japan time”

Make of that what you will.

JM

#39 1 year ago
  40. Max Payne

I think we are going to see a little bit more of Destiny and Infiltrator
    ”running ” on new xbox.

#40 1 year ago
  41. redwood

there will be timed exclusive, i just hope it’s not with EA, cause than THAT will be serious F-U to ps users.. from EA.
    they will def announce
    halo 5,
    next forza,
    next cod (cause they will get timed exclusives).
    lionhead’s next game (probably another fable :P )
    battlefield 4 (not announce show)..

somehow..I am expecting very little to no jap support in this event.
    and yes they gonna waste alot of time talking about how u can use it do everything else except for gaming

#41 1 year ago
  42. SplatteredHouse

@38 They don’t comment on it, try to duck that at the meeting then they’ll have just sunk an injured foot into the swarm-of-piranha-filled water that awaits them.

#42 1 year ago
  43. aleph31

@42 maybe you’re right, everyone is expecting a final clarification from MS.

Either way, it’s going to be interesting to see how they end up managing the situation, that’s a helluva real challenge for the MS PR/marketing team :)

#43 1 year ago
  44. Erthazus

I like how people talk about 8 GB Of ram and don’t know what it is about but at the same time they talk nothing about the most important parts. GPU and CPU. Well, whatever. 15 year olds don’t know about hardware anyway, they care about brands and Call Of Duty. More power to them.

#44 1 year ago
  45. Mjorh

Battle Begins !

its gonna be like PS4 i think , more or less. the think that matters to me most is the exclusives !

#45 1 year ago
  46. povu

Why any gamer would *want* specific games to be exclusive to their system I’ll never understand.

#46 1 year ago
  47. aleph31

@Erth I think I’ve been the only one talking about 8GB RAM so I presume that your comment goes towards me? Why the hate man?

#47 1 year ago
  48. deathm00n

@46 Because when you make a multiplatform game you need to dumb down some things. If you create the game from the beginning having only one platform in mind you can shape things as you see fit without having to remove features just because anothe platform has a limitation. For example people argue that Demon’s Souls wich is only for PS3 is better than Dark Souls.

#48 1 year ago
  49. Erthazus

@46, because that’s the only thing that will sell consoles to most of the gamers. There must be a reason to buy one console to another. Some people will buy both, some people will buy all consoles and will have high end PC, someone will have to choose only one console.

@47, You are not the only one and there is no hate. There are things much more important than just Ram. Ram is just a memory. It sure is great to have GDDR5 for experienced devs, but that’s not a serious thing to jizz all over about.

#49 1 year ago
  50. theevilaires

Lets get ready to Rummmmmmmmmmble! I’m dying to see this I swear. I want a fucking time machine!

#50 1 year ago
  51. Stephany Nunneley

@23 Nope! That was not my invite, just the one I got off the Twitter link in there. I have not seen one in my mailbox. :(

@50 Me too! Imagine the things we could screw up! :D

#51 1 year ago
  52. DrDamn

It’s a big ass chunk of memory that each and every machine will have, and that can make a big difference to how you design a game and how it plays. Not fps, resolution, funky graphical effects, but game design and how it plays. That is a hell of a lot more jizz worthy than fps, resolution and particle effects.

#52 1 year ago
  53. DrDamn

On the general Xbox thing. I think we’ll see a little less power than the PS4 but with backward compatibility via the inclusion of a 360 SoC. That will make it interesting.

One other point “new generation of games, TV and entertainment” front and centre. Sony went with “It’s all about the Games”. Interesting contrast.

#53 1 year ago
  54. Lengendaryboss

The thing is both Sony and MS should be focusing on the games, its a game console after all. Enhancing the experience of gaming is what should be their primary first aim not gaining Netflix or ordering pizza through Xbox.

#54 1 year ago
  55. theevilaires

^ Still would be sweet to order some wings and pizza though because I don’t want to leave multiplayer ;)

#55 1 year ago
  56. Erthazus

@DrDamn, Sorry. But you know shit. Memory for gaming will not change game design. It is exactly for “visuals” at best.
    Memory is good for developers to store textures and additional graphical effects. For example in Bioshock Infinite there were faces that were too similar to each other because of memory limitation or for example God Of War III/GoW:Ascension that looks great but you can’t use camera angle you want because of memory limitations.

Memory is also for a faster development and easy OS/App or multitasking.

fucking amateurs. Don’t even know why Sony used 8GB GDDR5 that is just faster. There is a reason for that “Fast” thing that will help the system to run a number of resource-heavy applications simultaneously especially image or video processing, CAD, or 3D modelling.

#56 1 year ago
  57. monkeygourmet

I think people are buying into Sony’s hype a bit too much..

They are EXACTLY the same as MS when it comes to wanting to create a media box. Hell, one of the major features of most Sony consoles was to ‘shill’ a new form of media…

Don’t think they haven’t got exactly the same plan in this regard.

What games has the PS4 actually shown?!

Destiny, Deep Down and Watchdogs are multiplatform.

Drive Club looked average.

The rest were sequels again.

Remember the promises of the PS3 before you go drenching your knickers…

The PS4 DOES seem easily to develop for, we just haven’t really seen anything yet on it. Considering that was the first big unveiling, it was pretty weak sauce with a lot of speculation and hollow promises.

MS could easily kick them into the middle of next year if they don’t completly fuck this one up.

Remember it was only a few months ago that Sony was trying to sell you a new 1080p TV to go with a console that doesn’t properly support it, then after you bought that a new 3DTV, again for a console that doesn’t really support it…

That’s a hell of a lot worse than Pizza Hut apps… Fanboys have short memories I guess…

#57 1 year ago
  58. aleph31

@49 ok, in my specific case I just stated that I think the Next Xbox is going to ship 8GB DDR3, but I didn’t mention it was a bad thing (ie, it was not an attack against Xbox / MS). In fact, in all this GDDR5 hype, I’ve read in beyond3d and other knowledgeable forums that GDDR5 has more bandwidth but also higher latency, and also we must also take into account the eSRAM that is supposed to be part of the Next Xbox memory subsystem.

So I was just guessing about a probable (or not so probable) fact, not taking part on the flame war.

#58 1 year ago
  59. daytripper

Not expecting much from this to be honest

#59 1 year ago
  60. DrDamn

You are thinking too much in a PC mindset. You can have a PC with 8GB of Ram and a video card with 5GB, but you are still playing games *designed* to run on other PCs with 2 GB of ram and a 0.5GB video card. Therefore the only thing you can use the memory for is extra textures and graphical effects.

As for amateur? Take a look at the professionals praising this part of the next gen consoles. It’s no coincidence that a lot of them are game *designers*.

Some simple examples. Less need to segment levels and easier to do more open environments. Or something like Burnout Paradise. No split screen because it’s an open world? What if you can fit that world in memory? Suddenly split screen becomes an option again.

#60 1 year ago
  61. laughing-gravy

It’s the TV and entertainment bit that has me worried. If Msoft are going to spend cash actually producing their own TV shows as with Heroes won’t that mean less cash to spend on games. And from the sound of things they will have to pay other TV providers for their services. As with the aborted Sky deal Msoft found out that it doesn’t come cheap. Not paying other TV companies for their content would mean death for the TV aspect because they simply won’t have enough content.

I already have more than enough TV channels through Sky and Virgin media, I don’t need any more.

#61 1 year ago
  62. Erthazus

@60, i’m not talking from a PC mindset perspective. I’m talking about memory capacity and what it is for.
    There are games on the PC that use 8 Gb Of Ram that are designed that way.
    There are games from 2007 that are exclusives to PC and use 4 GB Of Ram. Crysis 1 is a great example that was ported later to PS3/360.

“As for amateur? Take a look at the professionals praising this part of the next gen consoles.”

Because of memory limitations in the past. I told you about GoW III and Bioshock examples already.
    It’s all about graphics. With 8 gigs, you can have much better texture application. It’s going to be easy for amateur devs to work with textures.

Just for fun fact. John Carmack is thinking to use Ram for the future iD Tech6 just for graphics because technically you can do that.

Memory = Multitasking and texture storage at best. Everything else depends on the CPU and GPU. Things like physics calculations and other stuff are CPU based and even GPU.

#62 1 year ago
  63. aleph31

@61 I agree, MS is trying to cover every aspect of the home entertainment ecosystem and at the end of day it may fail in all the fields at once

#63 1 year ago
  64. monkeygourmet

I expect some kind of ‘live’ TV show and gaming competition / games show.

The 1 vs. 100 XBLA game was maybe a beta of this idea. Maybe every Friday Evening YOU can win big cash prizes on COD live via Kinect 2.0…

Kinda like Smash TV?!

#64 1 year ago
  65. theevilaires

WOW! @57 Are you seriously doubting SONY bro? DO we have to go through this shit again like the first 3 years of the PS3 life. You have no legit reason to compare Microsoft to SONY this gen on any level.

1. Microsoft has/and never will put out the same quality of games that SONY does/will

2. The PS3 is a media power house alone and can read several formats the 360 wish it could making it way better a media box.

3. Why the fuck would SONY show “you” anything more special than what they want to before E3 when we all know they’re capable of making the best fresh new games in the industry (LBP for example).

So your entire comment is moot. Make the mistake and doubt SONY next gen if you want and watch you become the laughing ass hat you sound like now. No one in this industry has stumble as hard as SONY and bounced back to victory like they have.

#65 1 year ago
  66. laughing-gravy

@64 Yes but the paying to produce their own shows bit is alarming. If that Heroes thing turns out to be true there simply won’t be as much cash for games. TV shows are pretty expensive things to get on air, just look at how much the top actors get paid and that’s without the director, producer etc. I’m sorry but I just don’t like this TV aspect of it.

#66 1 year ago
  67. laughing-gravy

@63 Exactly,you know what they say about being a jack of all trades.

#67 1 year ago
  68. laughing-gravy

@65 Yeah, and don’t forget Naughty Dog have yet to show their next gen plans!

#68 1 year ago
  69. DrDamn

Crysis minimum specs were much lower though, and that’s my point. It doesn’t matter if it can use 4GB, it can get by on 1GB apparently.

You carefully sidestepped my examples too. Well done.

@MG
    Oh yeah actual goal for both is similar, but the current approach or outward appearance they are pushing is different.

What Sony showed you can read too much into both ways. It showed a selection of sequels and new IP some running on PS4 hardware. At that stage that was what they needed to do. They need to keep stuff back for E3. Sony over promising and under delivering is something they have a track record of and something to be wary of yes. They have demonstrated that they have learned a lot too though, so a little leeway is earned.

#69 1 year ago
  70. monkeygourmet

PS4 has / will have:

Instant Facebook / Twitter integration
    A new Eyetoy with Kinect lite features, voice recognition for media functions etc…
    Sharing video / photos / media
    Netflix and most other media streaming services
    Linking between Sony tablets / Vita / Xperia phones for access to more media content
    Gaikai potentially part of new Bravia’s in some way
    Support for 4k Bluray to go with the new 4K TV push
    Streaming to Vita for media functions and Wii U like interface
    Support for media formats and data transfer
    Will almost certainly give away PS4 exclusive demos with new 4k Blurays (same as PS3)
    An online AppStore and new PSN media friendly front end

Yeah…

Sony are ALL about the games… Some people are thick as pig s**t… Both companies are VERY similar at this point, I can barely tell them apart…

You honestly think Sony are the nice, cool game focused company that looks out for gamers and MS is the big bad wolf corporation…?

Get over it, they are both doing the same thing, MS is just better at it, that’s all.

#70 1 year ago
  71. Phoenixblight

You are forgetting that SOny has multiple studios that produce a lot of first party titles where MS does not. MS only has a few then just buy exclusive DLC.

#71 1 year ago
  72. Djoenz

AH bit exaggerating no?

Microsoft is way worse. Sony is all about games period.
    Damn BS Microsoft fees kiss my ass Microsoft you suck.

#72 1 year ago
  73. monkeygourmet

I know what your saying DD.

It’s just after the dust settled, I don’t really know what to make of the first PS4 unveiling…

E3 will be better, but some people seem to be wetting their panties when actually, very little was shown (a lot Multi platform), and a pretty damn big focus on social media integration and other media potential of the new machine.

Basically, writing off MS and Nintendo after seeing quite a ‘vanilla’ line up. Again, IMO.

The easy to develop for and memory were the best things, but that’s something MS can easily match or better. That’s the problem with spec dick measuring. :)

#73 1 year ago
  74. monkeygourmet

Do the same list I did for MS then, even with some added speculation on the 720 media functions…

You can even throw in the pizza app and Heroes reboot if you want. Seriously, there is not much in it atall…

Remember, Xbox live does cost more but the PS3 launched for £150 MORE than the 360 did in the UK…

That difference pays for YEARS of live and XBLA games before you even start to add on PS Plus figures…

The service is better many would argue too…

#74 1 year ago
  75. Djoenz

Do you even realise why it was so much pricier? It had a BluRay player. At the time there were not even external BluRay players. First that came out was about 1k.

BluRay dominated obviously making HD DVD’s absolete. One year behind etc..

Why in the hell would I pay for freaking online mode aye? If online mode was basic like on PS3 I bet a lot less people would go Live Gold just for extra features like CrossGame Chat.

Anyways I agree with you on several aspects, but The Nextbox hasnt been revealed yet.

So far Microsoft asks fees for the most retarded BASIC things!

Sony focuses on games PRIMARILY, Social/streaming etc. is the future and thus business wise a smart move to take part in.
    Microsoft its the other way around.

See IP’s etc.

Microsoft will promote NuADS to the fullest. They are already doing it. I dont see no ads on PS3 thank God.

You pay for Gold and get free ads too whaha aha haha haha.

Oh and didnt the first set of Xbox360′s came without Wifi-Adapters but you had to buy them seperately.

Microsoft is a troll company.

Sony supports all platforms way after new platforms came and I hope they will continue to do so.

Lets see how long people can still play on 360 after this nextbox comes around.

#75 1 year ago
  76. SlayerGT

“On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future,” he said. “Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games”

So no games on the 21st? More wait then.

#76 1 year ago
  77. monkeygourmet

And how did that amazing 2 speed Bluray player help enhance your GAMES?!

Lol, that was a bigger troll than anything MS has done :)

#77 1 year ago
  78. Djoenz

Seriously dude?
    The fact that FFXIII was one disc on PS3, but Three discs on Xbox. Besides thats not even the point.. :ffs:

Oh check this article out the future of Microsoft game division:

#78 1 year ago
  79. knuck

If there’s one thing that honestly pisses me off about gamers it’s when they spout random nonsense when they know very little about how computers and software works.

Erthazus, you don’t know what you’re talking about. If you think the only use for memory is textures, you’re dead wrong. There are many algorithms and game design-influencing ideas that simply could not work on current generation consoles: AI, voxels, destructible terrain, fluid simulation, soft body simulation…

#79 1 year ago
  80. NightCrawler1970

SONY got Kevin Butler

Microsoft.. got… uhmmmm
    well just see ya self…

#80 1 year ago
  81. Bruno

NO WAY BRO. SONYS CONSOLES ARE BLACK AND XBOX IS WHITE. THEREFORE MS WINS!

#81 1 year ago
  82. nollie4545

Seriously, I am getting tired of faggot fan boys bitching about their fav console company. Get this- sony and MS are BOTH troll companies looking to make money out of video gamers. They will do everything they can to manage this. Whether they bundle Blu ray, have DD3 or GDDR5 RAM or give you cookies in the mail, they are both after your cash.

I could not give a damn about which console is better, I am not forking out more money for another console, when they pull the plug on 360, I’ll bin the bastard thing and stick with PC and Steam. Fed up with paying big prices for games which run and look like treacle and offer such a cut down version of the games PC gamers are enjoying in their true glory. This is ultimately what it boils down to. I don’t need a lump of plastic under my TV for DVDs, streaming movies or facebook, I can watch TV and listen to the radio and play games on a single piece of hardware called a PC.

#82 1 year ago
  83. monkeygourmet

That deal can be good if the 720 has high priced hardware.

Or I could just get a second job to pay for it I suppose! ;)

#83 1 year ago
  84. aleph31

@82 do you ever read yourself? To sum up your post:

“I am getting tired of *faggot* *fan boys* *bitching* about” [...their platform of choice].

[Now I spend an entire 9-lines paragraph defending [my platform of choice]].

I think we all understand that the PC is the de facto general purpose computing device, with a universal plethora of things that can be done on it. But I also think that consoles have their place in the video games industry.

Of course the flame wars between different console factions are nothing really pleasant to read or to learn from, I understand your point there.

#84 1 year ago
  85. theevilaires

Wow monkeygourmet is the new gadzooks. This guy is in pure denial. I wouldn’t underestimate what Microsoft will bring to the table but the shots you’re taking at SONY are plain retarded and a lot of us here agree.

go take a nap dude you obviously bumped your head earlier or something. you’re downright delusional and trolling today.

#85 1 year ago
  86. Djoenz

I like to stick to one console and the only thing that puts me off from xbox is online subscription, but I am curious what this nextbox has in store.

To me it all boils down to the exlusives.
    I wont buy an xbox just for gears of war, played 1, 2 and loved them. Halo was epic, but 2 and three were less imo. Splinter Cell was a major exclusive which I adored other than that, theres not a single xbox exclusive that wows me.

I used to play at a friends house. Splinter Cell single player and co op with my bud till in the morning. Epic times.

#86 1 year ago
  87. wamp

I really dig what @monkeygourmet is saying, make sence if you think about it really. @Djoenz is acting fanboyey. “I like to stick to one console” says it all ;p Stick to one and hate the other to justify your limited desision.

I hope I’ll have the chance to buy ‘em both (PS4 & X720) and time will tell witch one is the better, most used from me system.

This Generation I have to give the overall credi to Microsoft. I love most of the PS3 exclusives and looking forward to the future ones, but damn… if I had to use only the PS3 for the past 7 years I probably would have jumped over a roof or something. The design of the software, store and most of the multiplatform ports lead to very bad experience. Yeah for exlusive games the device is great… mostly, and I know for some people that’s enough, but I want a bit more from a device. And here Microsoft had the advantage and I was using the system probably 90% of the time when i’m playing a game, using an app or watching a video.

The PS4 will be better in those terms, but again I think Microsoft will put out the better “everyday” device. I doubt the situations with the exlusives will change, and Sony will have again more. So basiclly I’m expecting the same situation next gen.

#87 1 year ago
  88. viralshag

“A new generation revealed.” What a way to dig at Sony and Ninty by suggesting the next gen starts with them…

I love corporate smack talk.

#88 1 year ago
  89. SplatteredHouse

@88 These events are usually called: The Future Revealed. This is just an escalation of the established titling to reflect what they will “talk about”.

#89 1 year ago
  90. ps3fanboy

get ready to be disappointed xboxfanboys, sonys ps4 have already run over mickey$oft xbox twice. there is no competition, ps4 have won nextgen.

#90 1 year ago
  91. LoadedBoo

I am a bit dubious to what exactly Microsoft will deliver. I wouldn’t be as brave as to say its going to stomp all over the ps4. I would guess both consoles are going to be identical in every way and share similar features. The only difference will be on the software side with exclusive deals and I expect one console to be cheaper than the other with Microsoft being the cheapest of the two. I would really like to see something revolutionary coming but somehow I don’t see it, Needless to say I am going to buy either of the new consoles depending on what floats my boat and price point. To those already saying one company has won the next gen race before its even started,need to get a grip, go outside and get a life and stop being a fan boy nerd.

#91 1 year ago
  92. SplatteredHouse

“I would guess both consoles are going to be identical in every way and share similar features.”

At which point, neither is more important, and it comes down to services – on which point Microsoft has no chance with me, because of their angling for a Microsoft Entertainment Platform Play Hub Service Station to be set near my TV. While that (and over-reliance on Halo/Gears) is their focus, they don’t even exist.

#92 1 year ago
  93. Da Man

What, insane, barely articulate, socially deprived nerds and tasteless, mentally challenged hardcore discussing inane tl;dr topics for years?

Very surprising.

#93 1 year ago
  94. zinc

I think their missing a trick, if it doesn’t have a fancy LCD display.

#94 1 year ago