RF Online 1.5 fully launched, client available now

Thursday, 18th April 2013 12:01 GMT By Dave Cook

RF Online 1.5 developer OnNet Europe has launched the game’s full free-to-play MMO client after extensive open beta testing. It’s a new version of CCR’s RF Online, which launched in 2006.

In a note sent to VG247 this morning, OnNet Europe confirmed that the new version of RF Online raises the level cap to 105, includes new maps and a cash shop for micro-payment items. You can start playing the game now for free via the client here.

Production director at OnNet Europe Keong Youn said of the game’s full launch, “We are very pleased with the results of our open beta testing period, and especially happy with the overwhelming amount of player support during this final stage of development.

“Now with the commercial launch of RF Online 1.5 we are giving back to the community with special promotions for newcomers and returning players”.

Funnily enough, this is the first MMO I ever played, and it did a decent job of providing realm-versus-realm battles and had an interesting mix of robotic characters, mechs and colourful worlds.

Let us know if you check it out.

1. deathm00n

But it’s still the same game? It’s one of my first MMO also Dave. I was lvl 45 last time I played and the cap were 50. But yeah, the RvR is still one of the best I’ve seen.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 it was the chip wars man, I love the idea back then of big-scale wars. Kind of weird looking back at how far the genre has come now :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. friendlydave

Loved RF, Played on the Codemaster servers as Bellato, loved the MAU’s! then when that shut down I moved over to a private server.

My only problem was I seemed to always be on the race who had the worst economy. Everything was so pricey.

It Would be nice to play it again but I don’t have the time anymore..

#3 1 year ago
  4. deathm00n

@3 Bellato here too, but I was an warrior who used two handed swords (I don’t remember the name of the class)

@2 Yeah, chip wars, I’ve played in the Brazilian server, there was so many people during the war, I was very impressed the first time I saw it. I was happy the day I was able to remove 10% of HP from the Accretia chip, those arrogant robots, I hate them!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dave Cook

@3 I don’t have the time either. I played as the short elven-like race. I used a pair of axes where the blade were made out of hard light, like a lightsaber almost. It was neat :D

#5 1 year ago
  6. deathm00n

@5 You were a Bellato too then :) But do you know if it’s still the same game with the same graphics Dave? I can’t open the site right now to see the info.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dave Cook

@6 I think it’s a bit like APB Reloaded – an enhanced version of the original with many new fixes and visual change :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. deathm00n

I will try it later then, thanks for the news!

#8 1 year ago
  9. friendlydave

From what I remember, we never had half the stuff the Korean version got. When I moved to the private server they implemented some of that stuff into it.

Time is a git but I will boot it up over the weekend just for a looksy.

#9 1 year ago