Deadpool out in June, pre-order incentives detailed for GameStop and Amazon

Wednesday, 17th April 2013 22:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Deadpool has sent over a list of pre-order incentives for his new PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 game. It’s not everyday you get an email from a mercenary ya know.

According to the man himself you can pick up the following goodies at these retailers:

GameStop and EBGames

• “Merc with a Map Pack” DLC – adds two new maps – GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower – to Deadpool Challenge mode, as well as two bonus costumes: the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits only for use in the unlockable Infinite mode.
  • Exclusive digital wallpaper for PowerUp Rewards members (US only).
  • A midnight launch party at the GameStop with the most pre-orders paid for by Activision with a live appearance from Deadpool (US only).

Amazon

• A $5 Amazon credit towards select Marvel graphic novels.
  • An exclusive digital wallpaper and digital cover sleeve.

Deadpool releases June 25, 2013.

1. YoungZer0

Sad pre-order bonus is sad.

#1 1 year ago
  2. SameeR_Fisher

It’s a disappointment that we didn’t see a long/moderate length gameplay video till now, I really want to get it, but I still didn’t see enough of it, so not sure.

Also being priced 50$ brings worry, it means it is not a full fledged hero game, or that it is a 4hrs game or something.

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

“it means it is not a full fledged hero game, or that it is a 4hrs game or something.”

No, that means neither. It just means that Activision can be less greedy for once. 4 hour long games can still be expensive.

#3 1 year ago
  4. SplatteredHouse

“It’s a disappointment that we didn’t see a long/moderate length gameplay video till now”

+1. I’ve seen all of a couple of screenshots of this thing, from which I could only liken it to Ninja Gaiden, though likely not half as smart – NOT a comment against HMS’ work or the game quality, but simply an observation of the style the images suggested, and probable design focus.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Bruno

P.S. please don’t think about how we already deemed this game a failure in advance and fired the development team.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gheritt White

@5: Ain’t that the truth.

#6 1 year ago
  7. wamp

Coming for PC is a mistake in the press-release i think.

#7 1 year ago
  8. SameeR_Fisher

@3: this is Activision we are talking about, the ones who published 007 Legends and The Walking Dead Killer Instinct or something to cash on names, the titles had no quality in them whatsoever.

I find it hard to believe Activision turned it good now LOL :D

@4: HMS did a good job with Transformer according to critics, but they are being pushed way too hard, I am not so sure about Deadpool anymore, I was so excited about it, thinking I will see more and more of the game to ease my worries, but nothing at all.

Actually HMS made Dark Watch a PS2 game that I actually liked back in the day, but you can see Activision pushing them to release a game year after year, I don’t know how big the studio is, but they also laid off 40 emplyee working on Deadpool not so long ago.

It reminds me of Beenox and Eurocom, the later being closed now, but they both were pushed way too hard.

#8 1 year ago
  9. SplatteredHouse

@7 Not at all, actually. Because of this https://twitter.com/RealDeadpool/status/324564762543407104, and the press release having specific pricing individual to the PC version.

#9 1 year ago
  10. JimFear-666

this game will sucks! i cant remember the last time activision did a great game that was not call of duty. Just look at the activision Walking Dead game… Its a stinky turd that you dont want to touch with a 20 foot pole.

#10 1 year ago