Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon video shows plenty of gameplay

Thursday, 11th April 2013 21:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon looks batshit crazy, and to prove just how over the top it is, Sam Clay was able to speak with Ubisoft on the matter and get a look at gameplay in London today during the firm’s Digital Days 2013.

The game stars Rex Colt, a super-soldier voiced by the awesome Michael Biehn, who is shooting his way through a sci-fi looking region on the island inhabited by dragons which look like iguanas on steroids.

Think of it as if the movie Godzilla had a baby with Blade Runner’s atmosphere and the weapons came from Robocop or something with neon – that is the vibe I got from watching this. Looks fun, though.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is due on Xbox Live Arcade and other formats on May 1.

1. DSB

I love the concept, but the actual game just looks terrible. It’s like they let a 5 year old design it.

I think the whole key to getting 80′s kitsch right is that you have to make an effort, you can’t just halfass it and go “Lulz, retro, we’re so meta”.

Something like Retro City Rampage works because it actually cares about that whole era. It’s not just a cheap punchline.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Gheritt White

^Kill joy.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Oh Thank god, i thought i was being too cynical :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

From what I’ve seen it has the same gameplay as FarCry 3, with looting, taking over territory, upgrading weapons, etc.

Apart from that nothing about this game seems half-assed, it looks like an amazing gaming experience. I saw some new gameplay footage on youtube and the humor really caught me off guard. It touches so many different forms of humor, you definitely will be laughing.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Gheritt White

Best videogame concept EVAR! Ubi have really knocked it out the park with this week’s announcements, personally speaking.

#5 1 year ago
  6. SlayerGT

They tweak the psychics at all? Jump higher stuff like that? Or is it strictly a reskinning?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Max Payne

@6 You move more faster and healing animations are different. You can also show middle finger for no reason at all :D

#7 1 year ago
  8. CPC_RedDawn

So glad they went for something like this, its also a standalone release meaning you don’t have to own FC3 to actually play it.

I had FC3 brought for me on PS3, I played it for about 4 hours before quitting as I simply could not put up with the horrid frame rate, stupid motion blur, and screen tearing.

Gonna get this on PC for sure, looks like a load of fun!

#8 1 year ago
  9. Shuklar

The game is hilarious and cheesy, and has the same gameplay as Far Cry 3. I want me some.

#9 1 year ago