PSN EU charts: Tomb Raider climbs to top

Monday, 8th April 2013 15:35 GMT By Dave Cook

Sony has revealed this week’s PS3, PSN, PS Classics and PS Vita chart, and Tomb Raider has ascended to the most-downloaded PS3 game of last week.

The full charts were posted on PS Blog EU this afternoon, and go as follows:

PS3 games:

1. Tomb Raider (New)
  2. Darksiders II (1)
  3. Dead Island (Re-entry)
  4. BioShock Infinite (New)
  5. Resident Evil 6 (RE)
  6. Grand Theft Auto IV (10)
  7. God of War Collection Volume II (RE)
  8. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (New)
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (New)
  10. Darksiders (2)

PSN games:

1. The Walking Dead – Season Pass (5)
  2. Journey (2)
  3. I Am Alive (RE)
  4. Urban Trial Freestyle (3)
  5. Mass Effect (6)
  6. The Cave (1)
  7. God of War II HD (RE)
  8. AMY (4)
  9. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD (9)
  10. WRC Powerslide (New)

PS Vita games:

1. Urban Trial Freestyle (1)
  2. Ragnarok Odyssey (4)
  3. Persona 4 Golden (7)
  4. Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD (9)
  5. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (5)
  6. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (New)
  7. LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita (RE)
  8. Atelier Totori Plus (New)
  9. Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball (New)
  10. Doodle God

PSone & PS2 classic games:

1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (1)
  2. Crash Bandicoot (6)
  3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2)
  4. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (7)
  5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (8)
  6. CTR: Crash Team Racing (9)
  7. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (10)
  8. Final Fantasy VII (RE)
  9. Metal Gear Solid (RE)
  10. Final Fantasy VIII (5)

1. tmac2011

nice tomb raider is at the top, and im glad to see GTAIV is their also close to launch and so much hype to GTAV is gonna be awesome!!

2. silkvg247

I think she’s forgotten an important part about how to fire a bow and arrow.

3. salarta

So. This is a chart with Call of Duty: Black Ops II as a new entry, despite blatantly being a big seller. I don’t think I’ll take much stock in these, as per usual. I’m actually kind of happy with my response; I’m responding more with eye-rolling than being annoyed lately when it comes to sales positions getting touted.

4. TMRNetShark

There is no arrow in the bow in that picture…. >.>

5. Brenna Hillier

@4 it’s after she’s picked it up for the first time and is testing the string.

6. zinc

3, I’m actually kind of happy with my response; I’m responding more with eye-rolling than my usual frothing at the mouth rabid raving, regarding all things tomb raider.

*fixed*

:-P

7. salarta

@6: The only frothing I feel like doing right now is for bacon. Fuck yeah bacon.

8. osric90

I played this on PC, what a perfect, polished game. Narrative could have been a ton better such as its structure (especially climax) but it’s easily the best that company released in a long, long, long, long time… and one of the best things ever on PC.

9. mimasap

I’ve been waiting for someone to bring it up under new analysis, since the game is now released and you can judge it yourself, but it seems this topic is destined to disappear like it never existed. Remember when people were calling out Crystal Dynamics for submitting to sexism when the only thing we knew about the ‘rape’ scene was that it existed? Christ. I hate what political correctness does to the media, And now no one is going to admit they were wrong about Tomb Raider? I just finished the game and thought it was absolutely stunning, and the scene in question was like one QTE out of the whole ~15 hour experience, and I felt it was a very appropriate sequence.

I feel guilty as a male for bringing this up, but I don’t think CD did anything wrong.

EDIT: Excellent read: http://lootspace.hostavo.com/news/OPINION–Crystal-Dynamics-deserves-an-apology-from-gamers-for-hasty-Tomb-Raider-controversy