The Last of Us gets two new trailers, watch them inside

Tuesday, 2nd April 2013 12:13 GMT By Staff

Naughty Dog has put together an extended cut of a trailer for The Last of Us shown on US television during The Walking Dead season finale this weekend, packing in a bunch of new in-game footage. A second trailer has now been made available. Watch them both here.

Thanks, EdNorton and OPM.

1. EdNorton

YouTube link here Brenna – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKcwNIPiGKc

#1 1 year ago
  2. silverstorm

That face motion capture looks a ton better than from Uncharted 3.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Yay :) :) :) This exactly what Naughty Dog need to do: Don’t show off too much like Uncharted 3 where the entire game was pratically spolied pre-release. But i wonder when they are going to show off the mysterious multiplayer component?

#3 1 year ago
  4. redwood

I am not watching any of these :D just gonna go play the game when it comes out …

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

My problem is that Sony is releasing this game in June. What a horrible time to launch tripple AA title.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

@Erthazus Whats wrong with June? What time do you launch a Triple A title? Christmas period right?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Erthazus

@6, Christmas, September, October or January, February, March… whatever. Just not in June. All of Sony’s previous efforts releasing good games in the summer time bombed.

+ it’s a new iP.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Christopher Jack

Looks like they are going to end it like Telltale’s Walking Dead judging by some of those clips towards the end.

#8 1 year ago
  9. redwood

@7 they can’t release it in the christmas window cause that’s when ps4 is coming.. do the maths yourself.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

@7 So a New IP has to compete in crowded competition amongst the likes of the yearly COD, Assassin’s Creed and the Battlefield 4 nothing wrong with that at all, but Uncharted 3 succeeded but thats not a new IP. A game can bomb in any time period without marketing or hype, most of Sony’s good games fall prey to it. Edit: Plus what @9 said, but i don’t think PS4 will have an major impact, it will take a while for most people to transition from PS3 to PS4.

@8 Or thats what they want you to believe.

#10 1 year ago
  11. sagtlthl

@5, what is the problem of releasing in June

#11 1 year ago
  12. Samoan Spider

Yeah, I’m quite pissed off that major releases aren’t getting spread through the year. I’m only just catching up with all the games I’ve purchased over the last 6 months.

#12 1 year ago
  13. monkeygourmet

Who’s ‘staff’?

Does VG247 have freelancers?

#13 1 year ago
  14. redwood

@10 what i meant was that sony wants all of their muscle to just focus on the ps4. So i think it is a good idea to not let LOU suffer cause like always the next-gen release will actually affect the sales of current-gen consoles.. IMO.. but I don’t work at sony so I can’t really say.. besides.. i need this game like tomorrow :D

#14 1 year ago
  15. Dave Cook

@13 it’s when one of us makes an edit to someone else’s story. We can’t list two author names so we change it to “Staff.”

It was Brenna’s piece originally, I edited it :)

#15 1 year ago
  16. monkeygourmet

And that cleared that up! :)

#16 1 year ago
  17. ArcticMonkey

Looks great… Though I think I’m going to stop watching videos on it from now on. I’m gonna buy and play it on release day. Better to experience it through playing rather than trailers.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Dragon246

We have a potentially very big hit on our hands here. For starters, its doing very well in Japan, a country where westdrn games don’t sell. It has been in top 10 pre-orders at amazon for a week now.
    Its doing good in US pre-orders too.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Gekidami

They dont use face motion capture, they didnt with UC3 either, the faces are done by ‘hand’, if you will.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Djoenz

This game is not on pc so it will suck. Low framerate less resolution oh no.

@PC Elitists.

#20 1 year ago
  21. No_PUDding

What Gekidami means by hand… Is that Naughty Dog developed elaborately designed hand puppets from socks.

If you look carefully sometimes Joel’s right cheek has “Calvin Klein” written on it, while the version of Ellie they outsourced says “Primark” (cheap outsourcing company).

Still incredibly convincing.

#21 1 year ago
  22. zinc

^ Funnily enough, when I do it by hand, I use a sock too.

;-)

#22 1 year ago
  23. Djoenz

If I google The Last Of Us Mo Cap it shows Mo Cap :P

You know the more I think about it the more I love Mo Cap like with Heavy Rain. Dedication for games.

#23 1 year ago
  24. RocknRolla

This will be one of the last games I will buy for my PS3, I truly wish that PC and Xbox gamers could get their hands on this without buying the PS3 because this will be simply amazing! One of the perks owning a Playstation :) better exclusives, free online etc etc :))

#24 1 year ago
  25. Gekidami

I said face, notice the lack of markers on their faces in those videos.

We don’t motion capture the faces; all of the facial animation in the game is keyframed. We also don’t capture the fingers on set, we just have a library of finger poses that the animators can use. Lastly, we don’t bother capturing props either. I mean, if a character’s carrying a gun, you’re just going to constrain the gun to their hand anyway, right?”

#25 1 year ago