Crytek looking to pick up the rights to Darksiders

Thursday, 28th March 2013 18:21 GMT By Phil Owen

Although Crytek is not interested in making a new Darksiders game, they did pick up a number of developer Vigil’s staff members to form the studio Crytek USA studio when all that stuff with THQ went down. And now they’re looking to buy the rights to the franchise, because, well, if somebody is going to have them it might as well be the people who made it.

Crytek USA boss David Adams, who was also the boss at Vigil, tweeted:

Destructoid followed up with former Vigil designer and current Crytek staffer Ryan Stefanelli, and he said: “When the Darksiders IP goes up for auction, Crytek will be bidding for it. Not much more to say since the rest is left up to courts and legal shenanigans, but we’re all excited at the prospect.”

This would be a bit of a heartwarming story. It’s good to hear they care about their baby.

1. ManuOtaku

Oh please make it happen gamers really deserve the opportunity to see this game getting better and better, please dont let this franchise die.

#1 1 year ago
  2. shogunknight

At least its better than no one buying at all

#2 1 year ago
  3. deathm00n

@2 Exactly.

#3 1 year ago
  4. likeanobody

@2 I might disagree with that.
    On one side, this franchise is really good and I would love to see Darksiders 3 and 4.
    On the other one, Crytek is one of the crappiest companies in the industry. None of their games have good gameplay or story… They only make benchamarking games.
    My fear is that Crytek will ruin the Darksiders franchise.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Takeshi

Darksiders is by any stretch of the imagination not my favourite franchise. Even the sequel which did a lot of things right has problems holding my interest for long.

I’d be interested in seeing a DS game from them, though I worry that it’s not within their cormfort zone.

While Crytek’s games don’t have the worst stories in the industry right now, their gameplay is top-notch in my book. Screwing around in Crysis 2 is so much fun. And I am very exited to see their handle on the Homefront franchise.

#5 1 year ago
  6. fihar

Do people not read anymore?
    Crytek US (the ex-Vigil guys) will most definitely be handling this IP if all goes well, not the German or the UK studios.
    If anything, I suspect this will be similar to what happened with Tomb Raider and Deus EX after SE bought Eidos.

Excited for this by the way, it’s only fair to give Strife and Fury their own story as well.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Max Payne

@6 And probably they will give them Cryengine 3 which is much better than their crap ”darksiders”engine

#7 1 year ago
  8. GwynbleiddiuM

NO! Someone please stop this!

@6 Can you guarantee that?

#8 1 year ago
  9. redwood

no crytek… stahp!!!
    Platinum games! where are youuuuuzz…

#9 1 year ago
  10. Richenbaum

More Darksiders please

#10 1 year ago
  11. redwood

on a serious note,, I am not so sure about crytek’s Darksiders :\ I mean they are good/average at designing a PC experience and darksiders is designed to work with a joystick. Lets hope they hire some of the old vigil people to take this in to a proper direction.
    Or else we might end up with an FPS darksiders set in newyork :D with alines.. and death will have magitech suite (not nano cause they don’t have nanotech up in death’s realm) and he will be going around on a hover-horse :D

#11 1 year ago
  12. heroes159

this is good. better than nothing ryt :)

#12 1 year ago
  13. fihar

Guarantee what exactly, that they won’t ruin the franchise?
    Of course I can’t guarantee that, but why in the world would they? It’s going to be developed by the same guys after all. Just because they’re operating under the Crytek name, it will have no association whatsoever with the guys who made Crysis.

I wish people would actually read past the headlines before going melodramatic about this.
    Drama queens, all of you.

#13 1 year ago
  14. buyme218

input this URL:

( h t t p : // w w w . b u y 2 m e . u s / )

you can find many cheap and high stuff

WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT