SimCity buyers can choose one of 8 free EA games as compensation

Monday, 18th March 2013 16:48 GMT By Dave Cook

SimCity buyers who register their copy before March 25 can get one of eight free EA titles on Origin as compensation for the game’s shaky launch issues.

Here’s what you can get:

• Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
  • Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

So, does this make up for the launch issues? Let us know below.

Thanks Kotaku.

1. salarta

Can’t talk, too excited by the number 3.

#1 1 year ago
  2. OwnedWhenStoned

SimCity 4! Excellent!

#2 1 year ago
  3. mreko3230

Although I didn’t buy SimCity or plan to, I own 5 of those 8 games already. So, if it was me- I wouldn’t be very happy. Guess its a little better than nothing.

#3 1 year ago
  4. TheWulf

That’s actually a really nice deal. I was considering getting SimCity a while ago, before I changed my mind (and this was long before the DRM stuff). If I’d still wanted it, I’d probably be kicking myself about now.

It’s a nice sentiment on EA’s part, though. It might just be damage control, but SimCity owners get to pick a damned good game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Phoenixblight

Not exactly a stellar list. I own 80% of them. My choices would be Need for Speed,Dead Space 3(own it for the PS3) and Battlefield 3.

Though I am not a fan of racing or modern shooters so my choice becomes Dead Space 3.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Samoan Spider

Well I thought that too, the list contains some pretty good games considering, then they throw in Bejeweled 3 and Plants Vs Zombies. Nothing wrong with those games, just surprising that they are considered to be of a comparable value as everything else in the list.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Sublimeone

Really thats their compensation list….

No Crysis, Dragons age…….?

#7 1 year ago
  8. Eddie Rodrigues

@7 Aren’t you satisfied? REALLY?

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dragonborn

I’m really surprised a list like this came from EA , I didn’t get the game but if I did I would be really happy with one of these games .

#9 1 year ago
  10. SplatteredHouse

Just noticed Cities XL Platinum is a week-long discount 33% off on Steam, if you want an alternative city builder.

#10 1 year ago
  11. The_Red

SimCity 4 Deluxe as one of the gifts…
    If that is not irony, I don’t know what is.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Rafa_L

I don’t get why people always complain about EA, usually about them being greedy…? I don’t know.

My only disappointment was dragon age 2, I felt the game was rushed.

The sim city drama was bad, but blizzard never compensated me for the diablo 3 issues, and these titles EA is offering are better than the ones Playstation gave after the PSN drama.

#12 1 year ago
  13. NeoSquall

The only missing title from the list is Crysis 3, but you couldn’t expect it so soon.

Anyway good list, but I suggest people don’t get stuff like SimCity 4, Bejeweled or Plants vs Zombies, because you can get them very cheap on Steam, when they go on sale.

#13 1 year ago
  14. perk1n

So, if i buy the Game today, i still can get one Game for Free?

#14 1 year ago
  15. Samoan Spider

^ Yup

#15 1 year ago
  16. Mineral4r7s

Well thats tempting but its origin so a no go.

#16 1 year ago
  17. chillin

Isues with the servers…Really….!!!
    Just forget all about it…

Excellent…!!!

#17 1 year ago
  18. mistermogul

I’d rather just be able to buy an offline Sim City 5 then EA would have another sale and wouldn’t have to offer this BS in the first place…

#18 1 year ago
  19. DSeer49

WOW

#19 1 year ago
  20. D4RKSOUL5

BF3 is downloading now thanks EA

#20 1 year ago
  21. OlderGamer

And EA thanks you D4RKSOUL5, your enevitable purchase of BF3 DLC will be great!

Really some of these modern day AAA games shoul;d be free with the amount of DLC, they could easily support development and turn a profit off of post launch content sales. However, why give up the full price retail sales when peopel are willing to take the plung there too.

Going to be a great next ten years, I can feel it in my old bones like a bad wind blowing.

#21 1 year ago