Sony handing out more $10 PSN credits

Thursday, 14th March 2013 21:30 GMT By Brenna Hillier

According to user reports, Sony is once more giving $10 of PlayStation Network credit to members. The company also awarded the sweet little bonus to a large group of North American users following the PlayStation 4 reveal last month. In both cases, Sony has been very mysterious about who gets the bonus and why, describing it only as a “special promotion”, but it’s probably based on how much you’ve spent on various SEN services. Check your PSN inbox and cross your fingers, I guess.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Eager Snake

I just received mine two days ago.
    I don’t know if this is based on how much money did you spend on SEN or not, because for example, I’m a PSPlus user, and besides that the only things I bought from the Store are Crysis 1 when it was offfered for the half of the original price, almost all the DLCs from GT5 and… I think it was only that. So, I can’t really say that my profile fits in the “oh look, that guys is spending tons of dollars on PSN, here’s your u$s10!”
    I love Sony, beyond Playstation. All my friends are telling me that this is a reward for sticking with the company jajajaja….

#1 1 year ago
  2. redwood

@1 i think the critieria is something like if you have spend an X amount on psn than you get 10$ .. and i AFAIK that amount is around 60$

#2 1 year ago
  3. Digital Bamboo

It says on the Games page of the North American PlayStation Store that you’ll receive $10 for every $50 spent, until April 1st.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Clupula

Weird. I’ve spent quite a lot on my PSN and I’ve yet to receive any $10 credit.

However, I have received, twice, free months of PS+, so maybe they rotate who gets free stuff.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Digital Bamboo

It also says vouchers will be issued in April…there’s some fine print I can’t recall…and provides a website for more info:

sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/store-credit

Apparently, a similar offer is running in Brazil.

Sony, I’ll be awaiting my cheque in the mail for that bit of customer service, though I’ll also accept PSN credit @DigitalBamboo
    Thanks in advance.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dragon246

Sony, please run this offer worldwide. I want some free money too. And I have spent a good amount too.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Djoenz

Yeah give us Europeans some free creds asap.

#7 1 year ago