It looks as though Activision is to publish a title based on the Fast and Furious series, if a pre-order listing on EB Games Australia is any indication.
According to the listing, Fast & Furious: Showdown is slated for PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360, although we have yet to receive a formal announcement from Activision on the title.
The listing talks up “Team Action Racing” in which every mission is “played cooperatively, either with a friend or A.I.”
The storyline is full of “heists, hijacks and shootouts” which ties in with events from the 2011 film Fast 5 and earlier movies as well as the upcoming Fast 6 movie – which hits theaters on May 24.
But wait, there’s more: “Play through the story taking on various roles, and switch it up as you please; take on skill-based high scoring challenges on your own or cooperatively with a buddy, and compare your results against your friends list; complete 31 missions through eight chapters in eight locations around the world.”
Missions are comprised of one or more objectives. Objectives include:
- Get to Location – get to a target location as quickly as possible
- Transport – transport a person, vehicle or item to a target location
- Win Race – win a street race by finishing in 1st place
- Catch Vehicle – catch up with an escaping vehicle
- Survive Pursuit – survive a police or gang pursuit
- Protect Vehicle – protect a target vehicle from being destroyed
- Enter Vehicle – get your character inside the back of a moving vehicle
- Wreck Objectives/vehicles – wreck target objects or vehicles
- Avoid Detection – travel past security cameras at high speed
- Rescue Teammate – rescue a teammate in distress
- Hijack Vehicle – hijack a target car
- Steal Cargo – steal cargo from a moving vehicle
We’ll send a mail. You can also look over the Australian Classification listing here.
Thanks, GoNintendo (via tip from AusGamer)
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.