“The cupboard won’t be bare”: Sony UK exec promises more PS Vita games soon

Friday, 8th March 2013 09:59 GMT By Dave Cook

Sony’s UK managing director Fergal Gara has promised UK gamers that their cupboards won’t be bare, due to a new wave of PS Vita titles this year. It comes as part of a new interview, where the exec admits that the handheld’s software slate has been a bit barren lately.

MCV proposed to Gara that the software cupboard was bare, to which he replied, “It looks bare in terms of what is announced. The cupboard won’t be bare.”

In the same interview, Gara claimed that PS Vita sales had exploded in the UK over Christmas, but didn’t offer any figures, “Vita really, really responded as we went into Christmas. We had a pre-Christmas lull where sales were quite low.

“But that absolutely exploded 20-fold from that low-point into the peak of Christmas. That’s very encouraging and shows that with the right promotion and software we can light that fire.”

The site also asked Gara if he was disappointed in low sales of Move peripheral Wonderbook. “It could have sold better,” he said, “but it sold respectively well. I am encouraged that we have more titles coming and it may just take a little longer to get it to settle in consumer’s consciousness.

“It was also relatively expensive if you didn’t already have a PlayStation 3 or a Move controller. But I think as people learn it’s about more titles, then that would give it some added momentum.”

What do you make of the above, is the PS Vita software slate too weak to warrant your attention, or is there life in the handheld yet? Let us know below.

Thanks CVG.

1. dizzygear

I bought a 3DS XL instead.
    They can keep the Vita until until i see a severe price cut on the machine and the memory cards and see some actual games come out for the damn thing.
    A english release of Ciel no Surge might help too but i think hell freezes over sooner than that happening.

#1 1 year ago
  2. woe

The Vita will need proper games not watered down ports.

#2 1 year ago
  3. mojo

it has pinball arcade wich is enough to justify the price :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. Bashtee

Got PS+ for a year, just keep them coming…

#4 1 year ago
  5. Imperius

I play a bunch of my PSone games on my vita. Added to that I own 4 vita games that were fun to play. There is Soul Sacrafice, God Hunter, and Killzone that I’m looking forward to so far. The PS4 is going to add manny hours of play with Gaiki and remote play. My only gripe is yeah their memery cards are outrageously priced. I will not buy another one until they lower the price I want 32GB but not for $80

#5 1 year ago
  6. CyberMarco

^ Here you go, Vita 32 GB Memory Card 50$:

#6 1 year ago
  7. Erthazus

When I bought a system at launch, since then there is absolutely nothing to play. Nothing.
    Sony failed in handheld market.

@3, and tetris.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Dragon246

Good, although I am happy with the digital games that are coming in nice numbers, almost 1-2 per week.
    And great AAA games too, although more are needed to lure customers.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

Talk is cheap. Sony knows what the consumer wants and fails to provide.

#9 1 year ago