Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX: European release confirmed

Monday, 25th February 2013 14:05 GMT By Dave Cook

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is heading to Europe, developer Square-Enix has announced.

Square-Enix shared the news in a blog post this afternoon. It’s a PS3 exclusive and has yet to be dated beyond ‘Autumn 2013′.

Excited? Let us know below.

Meanwhile, check out this fresh batch of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix screens that emerged in the wee hours this morning.

1. Gnosis

No, I’m not surprised.

2. Dave Cook

I asked if you were excited, not surprised. But ‘excited’ seems to be a word that doesn’t exist in the vocabulary of some gamers these days :(

(Not saying that’s you though, just a general observation.)

3. Eregol

It’s one thing at least.
    If they’re going to announce it’s coming to Europe they could have at least included a date with the announcement.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but Chain of Memories was a 2D game wasn’t it?
    Have the re-created it in 3D for this release? As that’s what I glean from the screenshots.

4. CyberMarco

@2 Sure hell I’m excited!!! Can’t wait to play my favorite PS2 series again!!! :D :D :D

@3 Kingdoma Hearts: Chain of memories was originally a GBA game. Later they did the 3D one for the PS2 called RE:Chains of Memories.

5. Dragon246

Too much GREAT exclusives…..
    If PS4 has even half of it, I will be happy.

6. Gnosis

I’m usually excited about new things. Those HD remakes are nice and I really appreciate them, but I already own all KH games (aside from being not much of a graphics whore). Depending on the price I’ll surely end up buying the collection, but only to see how much different Final Mix editions are from the ordinary ones. It’s just kinda old… :/

7. dravenkaze

Sorry xbox

8. dizzygear

#3 IIRC Re: Chain of Memories for the PS2 never came to Europe for some dumb reason.

As for me i lost interest in this franchise a long time ago due to the lack of a proper sequel and a needlessly convoluted story.

9. Beta

Of course I’m excited!! :D

10. kaffikjelen

I had hoped it would release earlier… I’ve been wanting to play it for too long now.