Jimmy Fallon butchers Killzone: Shadow Fall live on US television

Friday, 22nd February 2013 11:14 GMT By Nick Akerman

Guerrilla Games managing director Herman Hulst made an appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to demo Killzone: Shadow Fall.

During his appearance, Hulst discussed the new DualShock 4 controller, stating that radio messages being broadcast in the game will come through the controller’s speaker. A bit of an interesting note, there.

While the footage is from the same section as Wednesday night’s reveal, Fallon’s desire to try the game confirmed it is in a completely playable state. He is given the controller towards the end of the video and does an excellent job of butchering the ISA’s quest to eliminate the Helghast threat.

Take a look for yourself right here:

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. HauntaVirus

I literally can’t watch his show, especially when he’s playing games. It’s that bad.

2. Samoan Spider

Made me cringe watching that

3. matirishhh

I love when he says ‘I’m a gamer and a geek’, but when he gets a PAD in his hands he doesn’t know what to do with it… epic jimmy fail…

Anywyas I’m glad I watched that as they showed the SLOWMO option.

4. mkotechno

Oh mah god!!!! The first person not from Sony or developers that handles a DS4/PS4 and is so fucking retarded that can’t even figure how to fire a single shot…

5. Erthazus

Because it is a controller.

Playing FPS on it feels like you are a disabled person.

6. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, because using a mouse to aim is super intuitive, right?

7. Samoan Spider

@5 Erth you make so many sweeping statements. I like playing with a controller on my PC. It feels natural and comfortable. I’m not in the pro gaming leagues so I really don’t give two shits about anything other than how comfortable I am whilst I sit on my sofa playing for as long as I want. Sat at my desk, you know what, I still use it :). I know a mouse is faster and more accurate but who cares. Is it really that important. People play how they want to play and there’s benefits to either way.

8. The_Red

Yeah, because all those excellent GoldenEye 64, TimeSplitters 1-3 and Halo 1-3 matches were played via mouse and keyboard. Seriously, I know you prefer PC and mouse+keyboard but there is nothing wrong with FPS with gamepad (I’m saying this as a PC player that loves Counter Strike, UT and Quake 3 while also enjoying said games with gamepad and not have any problems with either).

9. Gekidami

…Why are people even bothering to respond to Erthatard? Seriously? You only need to read 4 of his posts to see he has nothing of any value whatsoever to say.

Anyway,
    -“I’m a gamer, i’m a geek”.
    -Cant grasp basic FPS controls.

I just dont get why he even tries to pawn off that lie, it’s destroyed 15 seconds later.

10. Erthazus

@6, Yeah. It is the most intuitive device not just for games but everything else in general because people use it for work, browser, photoshop and other stuff that requires aiming/precision in general. It’s like you never used a mouse before. LOL.

@The_Red,

“Yeah, because all those excellent GoldenEye 64, TimeSplitters 1-3″

I can say the same thing about excellent Street fighter 4 on my keyboard, but that will sound really stupid.

@Gekidami, “You only need to read 4 of his posts to see he has nothing of any value whatsoever to say.”

Just like your butt hurt Sony fanboy comments.

11. G1GAHURTZ

Yes, yes, of course.

Moving a cursor in 2D space is exactly the same as looking around in 3D space…

…if you’re an idiot!

12. LuLshuck

ps4 controller confirmed for being uncomfortable, sheeeeeeeeeiiiitttt

13. Dragon246

The most beautiful game of the meet was not a target render, confirmed.

14. Digital Bamboo

Even though Fallon and that guy he didn’t introduce were terrible at playing the game, this is still good exposure. Now over a million people that probably didn’t watch Sony’s reveal know that the PS4 is coming.

Edit: P.S. I was convinced that guy wasn’t actually playing, (since it was almost identical to the initial video) until they handed the controller over to Fallon.

15. Clupula

I can’t remember what game it was I once saw him play before, but he sucked just as bad on that too.

16. Arkorvo

He did well for be and “Gamer and Geek.”

17. Kabby

Regardless of Erth’s zealotry I can’t believe some of you wont acknowledge that the kb/m combo is just more accurate. If you have fun driving your CoD guy/Master Chief like a tank that’s OK but don’t downplay the truth.

18. reask

Never ceases to amaze me how some people who call themselves gamers just want to piss on everyone elses parade because they play an inferior product in there eyes.

A bit like saying Beethoven was a shit musician because I dont like classical music. {btw I do like classical music}.

What even amazes me more is why would a person keep commenting on something so inferior?

IMO it can be only one of 2 things which is they are very insecure or just hell bent on stirring it up just for the sake of it.

19. Samoan Spider

^ what he said

20. Moonwalker1982

Jesus christ, talk about fucking embarrasing. Talk about exeggerating, horrible shit. Game looks great though. Not sure about the slowmo feature though. But wow..actually a launch game?

21. Erthazus

@G1GANOOB,
    “Moving a cursor in 2D space is exactly the same as looking around in 3D space…”

Yeah, you never played ArmA 1-2 or Operation flashpoint and that makes you “…if you’re an idiot!”. You are moving there a cursor in 2D space btw for your info. Just for a fun fact.

22. reask

@ 20
    Only thing that bothered me was they never went down although they were crap I hope this was on easy.

Looks good though and I enjoyed 3 so looking forward to this one.

23. livewired500

I love the KZ games. This might be a system seller for me (and my wife doesn’t want to play Watchdogs on PC. Might be buying two copies and a new system for it). Hopefully, it is as good and difficult as the other games.

Looks like they were playing with God mode and trying-though failing horribly-to be funny.

24. G1GAHURTZ

@17: Nobody said controllers were more accurate. Read the comments again.

@21: Sorry, I don’t speak Latvian. I have no idea what you’re on about.

25. pukem0n

dont you people get he is trying to be funny, so plays really badly.
    wouldnt be funny if he just slaughters them without any humor.

well ok, he failed in being funny, but still ^^

26. Sanwiches

@Erthazus. you know Erth, if you weren’t being such a jackass, maybe people would appreciate you.

27. manamana

“I’m a gamer, i’m a geek” – “so, what is this black thing with those funny little buttons on it. Can someone tell me?”

28. Moonwalker1982

I know friend, i realize that. But it’s exactly as you say, he fails miserably in trying to be funny.

29. manamana

@26 he hates friends, thats why he has his PC ;-)

30. theevilaires

So is this really KillZone 4 or a side story like KillZone Mercenaries?

I would imagine this will set up the events that took place KillZone 3 surprise ending revealing…..What you should have figured out if you beat KillZone 3 and played close attention to the open cinematic.

31. MadFingerz

^This one is set 30 years after the original trilogy. The big time spawn probably explains why they went with a different subtitle.

With this being a launch game, they obviously can’t public test the multiplayer, which might be a bit risky. Eitherway, I really hope the multiplayer will be the most amazing from the series so far.

32. Beta

So we’re not getting an answer to who was in the KZ3 secret ending?

33. MadFingerz

I haven’t played KZ3′s campaign so I have no idea how it ends :p You guys are making me curious though. The KZ series isn’t exactly known to have great campaigns but the overall story is quite awesome.

34. xxJPRACERxx

He can be a gamer and never played on consoles. Computer games existed before consoles were even born.

35. Clupula

Seriously, though, is there anything Fallon doesn’t suck at?

He’s certainly not good at being funny.

36. Kuwabara

I’m sorry but a keyboard and mouse will never replace my dual shock.

37. Timurse

Here’s the pic for Erthazus. Уж ты-то поймешь ;) . Это я к тому, что ты уж как-то совсем местами перегибаешь палку :(

38. Da Man

This is amazing, even more brown, grey, corridors and fps. Beautif00l.

39. fearmonkey

I’m a PC gamer and I prefer the controller over mouse and keyboard. For single player gaming, i prefer the controller. For multiplayer I have to use the mouse and KB or I get stomped.

However, when the spaceorbs were around I would decimate mouse and Keyboard players, they just couldn’t compete. Man I miss the spaceorb…damn you labtec for killing it.

40. theevilaires

@31….30 years? damn so this war is still going on thats crazy. I really hope they make a KZ4 with Sev,Rico and them because I loved that story line. KZ3 was a huge improvement over the first 2 games.

41. MadFingerz

^That’s what they say on their website. When they were showing it at the event I was wondering if they were showing Vekta and the invasion by the Helghast but apparently not.

42. stalepie

It’s just a comedy show… in comedy a bumbling fool is normal.. maybe you guyz have seen some other comedys b4.

43. Stephany Nunneley

“What are you kids laughing at? And if you say Jimmy Fallon, I’ll know you’re lying!” – Homer Simpson

44. Clupula

@42 – Comedy is supposed to be funny, though. He has never achieved that lofty goal, as of yet.