New Batman Arkham game is next-gen, reveal in “2-3 months” – rumour

Wednesday, 13th February 2013 10:46 GMT By Dave Cook

The ‘Batman Arkham’ series of games is getting a third entry this year, as confirmed by Time Warner’s recent investor call. You might recall that we blew the doors off the news yesterday. Well now, thanks to a recent job listing, it appears that the next-gen game will break cover in a few months.

Videogamer has now unearthed some rather tasty job listings at Canadian studio Warner Montreal that call for a producer and creative director to work on a new project.

Both call on applicants to, “work with its game development team responsible for expanding the DC Comics universe in the interactive space”.

One states, that the studio’s project will be, “focused around the AAA action/adventure space”, and the other calls for an, “expert in next-generation AAA action/adventure games”.

Could Batman Arkham 3 be going next-gen?

The timing could be perfect, as Warner Montreal’s senior producer Ben Matte tweeted this last week:

VG247 has been told by its sources that Rocksteady Studios is not developing the next Batman Arkham title, which could focus on a ‘Silver Age’ setting, sparking rumours that the game is in fact, a prequel.

What’s your take on the above?

1. SameeR_Fisher

The most awful thing would be the whole “Sliver Age” thing, I want to see how the Arkham comes together at the end.

Also why not make a Batman game on this gen tackling the Sliver Age, and an Arkham game on next gen, that would be the best right ?!.

I know, I know, I should be a game designer or something :D

#1 1 year ago
  2. Edo

Huh..guys behind the Wii U version of Arkham City and Looney Tunes Scooby-doo Cartoon Universe game http://wbgamesmontreal.com/ …again,not going to judge them before the actual announcement(if it IS indeed Arkham 3)and some actual info about the game itself.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DrDamn

An expert in the Next Gen? What else maybe 5 years experience with Office 2010?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Beta

I hope it is next gen, but find it odd that Rocksteady is not carrying on with the series.

Also I’d rather a sequel.

#4 1 year ago
  5. deathm00n

I’m scared, last time a game I liked was suddenly announced just one year after the last one, was the deception I had with Assassin’s Creed 3…

#5 1 year ago
  6. OnionPowder

@5 Arkham City was announced 3 months after Arkham Asylum came out :P. This is a 16 month gap before anything is even shown on the new game.

#6 1 year ago
  7. ZANIACK

I’ve been pining for another great Batman game since the excellent Arkham Asylum.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Isaaclarke37

Since Asylum and City i have been craving for more of Arkham.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Edo

Interesting…for some reason that tweet has been removed .

#9 1 year ago
  10. Dave Cook

@9 sounds like an admission to me.

#10 1 year ago
  11. watersoul77

What will the new game be called?

#11 1 year ago