Forza Horizon Jalopnik Car Pack releasing next week

Saturday, 2nd February 2013 22:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Forza Horizon will be getting more DLC in February called the Jalopnik Car Pack.

Season Pass holders will get the pack for no-charge, along with the 2010 Devon GTXas a bonus car. The rest of us will have to drop 400 MS Points for the pack. if you are a Gold member, you are in luck, because you can also pick up the 1966 Ford Country Squire for free.

Here’s the list of cars included in the pack:

• 1966 Ford Country Squire
  • 1970 Nissan Datsun 510
  • 1973 Mazda RX-3
  • 1991 Ferrari 512 TR
  • 2010 Devon GTX-February Season Pass Bonus Car
  • 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • 2013 Subaru BRZ

The Jalopnik Car Pack releases on February 5.

Thanks, CVG.

1. Kabby

Jalopnik is a weblog covering cars, car culture, and the automotive industry. Owned and operated by Gawker Media since 2004.

2. OlderGamer

This game should have been a free download because it supported by so much DLC. It is almost embarrasing. I like the demo. Had on my list, then saw the amount of dlc and removed it from my list.

3. monkeygourmet

Yep, I think this is a good example of a test case.

Tsting the ‘free to play’ model we will see next gen.

Good contenders: Call of Duty (Elite), Forza, GT, Fifa (and all EA sports titles), Battlefield.

4. tmac2011

lol horison seemed cheap to me and i beat it and took it back and traded it back in for forza 4 i havent played forza 4 only at my friends house and thats way better, its just most wanted the new one which is sad..

5. fihar

Monthly car packs have been a part of Forza for a while now, and I seriously don’t think it’s going to change.
    Unless you’re a big automotive fan, there shouldn’t be any reason for you to buy ‘em, so I really don’t understand why you’d be bothered by this. It’s not like you’ll be familiar with most of the cars offered anyway.
    You don’t see people complaining about the amount of DLCs Rock Band has.

It’s actually nice of Turn 10 to keep supplying Forza with post-release DLCs like this, especially compared to the amount of support PD has given to GT.

6. Sasha_Je

If you draw a line after 8-12 months you will see that you have spend around 2x the price you paid for the original game, and for what? A few car models? This is lazy but the income is greater…instead of releasing an expansion for the same price as the original game for example but would add changes, game-play changes and maybe even a graphic update…but well for this to happen to entire studio would have to work instead of 5-6 people witch would not be profitable for Microsoft.

7. fihar

Yes, well, the price point isn’t the issue here.
    I’m just not fond of people thinking that a game shouldn’t have too many DLCs or that a game is incomplete without it’s DLCs (save for Fallout 3).

8. DSB

@5 With the small caveat that GT5 has about twice the number of cars in Forza 3, a third more than Forza Motorsport 4, and about five times the number of cars in Forza Horizon.

“Nice” would be to honor peoples patronage with a few freebies. Simply spitting out DLC is nothing but business.

9. Cobra951

It’s silly to get all the DLC for a Forza game. The idea is to cherry pick what interests you. In my case, there was one Forza-4 pack which included my car, and they did a fab job on the model, inside and out. So I sprang for that, and one other pack at half price. I played the game to death, but I only got these 2 additional sets of cars. If someone chooses to buy everything that comes along, or worse, gambles on a season’s pass, that’s their problem, not the game’s.

10. Keivz

When the original games has enough content to justify the purchase price, I’m fine with DLC. I have both Forza 4 and FH and they have enough in their to occupy me for a year or two so that’s plenty. Gamers will bitch about anything these days.

#10 1 year ago