PS Plus EU February content: free Sleeping Dogs, WipEout 2048

Monday, 28th January 2013 13:01 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation Plus European members have a hefty stack of games coming their way for free, as part of Sony’s Instant Game Collection. Sleeping Dogs and WipEout 2048 lead this month’s offering.

Subscribers will bag a free PS3 download of Square-Enix and United Front Game’s crime hit Sleeping Dogs (from February 6th), as well as Codemaster’s twee karting title F1 Race Stars.

PSN fans will also get Kim Swift’s Quantum Conundrum on the house, while PS Vita owners can download WipEout 2048 (from February 13th) and my own personal favourite Vita title Lumines: Electric Symphony, absolutely free for a month (from February 20th). Those blocks are just too damned addictive!

90 day PS Plus memberships prices will also be slashed by 30% in February. If you sign up between February 6th-20th, you will only pay £7.99. None too shabby.

What do you make of this month’s PS Plus offering? Let us know below.

1. hives

Holy crap, I’m so happy I got PS Plus. Haven’t play Sleeping Dogs yet. Man, this is awesome, this game is still so fresh!

2. freedoms_stain

Seriously? That’s pretty awesome.

3. Takeshi

A lot of people will get to experience Sleeping Dogs. I couldn’t be happier. :D

4. Deacon

Ugghh… bought Dogs before Christmas but haven’t had the time to properly start it yet. Always the way eh?

I’m just going to stop buying games altogether this year. I honestly don’t need any (Ni No Kuni, XIII-3, & Revengeance aside).

Go PS+!

5. CyberMarco

Damn are those some crazy games, way to go PS+. By this rate I can’t see myself buying any new game game for a long time… xD

6. Maximov

EEERMAGHEEERD !!

7. Dragon246

Too.much.awesomeness.Can’t.handle.it.

Although I already bought Wipeout2048 previous year (awesome game), Lumines easily makes up for it. Now I would like to hear how only old games come on plus, now that 3 releases of this month only released a few months ago.

8. loveaya

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. theevilaires

And they say PS+ is full of old content ;) I haven’t played Sleeping Dogs yet either so I’m going to get a years sub for my European account to play this.

Thanks SONY you rock!

10. theevilaires

Hmm I wondering if I can download Lumines on my Vita from my European account even though my Vita uses my main account name? Does anyone know about this? Is Vita tied to the account or console?

@5 thats the point of PSN+…..Long.Live.Play. :D

11. Dragon246

@TEA,
    Vita is securely tied to an account. Nothing from other account can be used.

12. DrDamn

I think you are scuppered unless you get a separate memory card for the Euro account and don’t mind the hassle of a console reset each time you want to swap. It won’t let you do it otherwise.

13. Gekidami

Sleeping Dogs? Thats games like 6 months old, its ancient. PS+ only ever gets old crap for free.

14. theevilaires

Yea old for people who are a lvl 5 on PSN with trophies. But to a guy whose months to years backlogged (Mass effect games) and a lvl 27 trophy whore its a new game to us ;)

PS+ is awesome plain and simple.

15. theevilaires

Thanks Dragon and Dr.Damn. I hear something like that but wasn’t 100% sure. Oh well at least I can still get Sleeping Dogs trophies on my main account.

16. DrDamn

That F1 All Stars is *so* 2012 too. ;)

17. Ireland Michael

Damn, that’s a nice offering. Seriously wish my PS3 wasn’t dead right now. (my launch day 360 outlived it, hilariously).

18. theevilaires

^ seriously this guy is a living joke among himself now :D

19. Ireland Michael

Good lord. Watching you post is like observing a neanderthal trying to communicate with a quantum physicist.

20. absolutezero

“among himself”

Told.

21. ManuOtaku

I rather buy the games physically and keep my free PSN, iam not fond of having the games for an x period of time like a subscription or tied to an account, thats why iam not fond of steam or the future steam box console , iam quite happy with my free psn, and buying my games physically.
    p.s But i understand this is a great value for people that like this type of business, iam happy with having both options, i will be worried when there is not option at all.

22. DrDamn

@Manu
    I don’t think tolerate is quite the right word in this context. That’s more for something you accept but don’t like. A lot of people really like PS+.

23. ManuOtaku

#22 thanks doc, you are right, change it, sometimes i want to use new words, i tried to expand my language, but in this case is true, like convey the meaning more accurate, sorry.

24. Dragon246

@Manu,
    If you are a person like me who finishes a game and then never revisits them, plus is as good as it can get for me :)

25. Ireland Michael

@20 Truf.

@21 I think the rental idea is great, depending entirely on the game. There are plenty of games I have no interest in playing beyond completion, but some I would love to hold onto long after they’re finished. In that case, just buy that particular game instead of “renting” it.

PlayStation Plus is absolutely insanely good value, especially compared to Xbox Live.

26. ManuOtaku

#24 oh certainly dragon, but for is more than that, is the feeling of doing what it pleases you with the physical things, is like not having the options, and let me tell you, you dont have any idea how many ps2, gamecube and xbox titles i did play this generation, is quite large, and probably i will do the same thing in the future one too, i like having that option.

But dont get me wrong i understand people like this, is great, for me free PSN is great, i dont have any reason to upgrade, i am quite happy with it, i just hope we will have the two options available, so it will keep everyone happy, the people that are like me, and the people that are like you mate ;)

27. Telepathic.Geometry

Oh, I used to be a quantum physicist. Hit me caveman…

28. Dragon246

@Manu,
    Free psn is what makes psn better for many consumers over xbl, which is a manifestation of ms bad habit of nickel and diming everything. As long as psn is free, people will gravitate towards ps imo.

29. DeVitowned

I wish the US PS+ would get deals as good as the Euro store gets. Grats guys. Hope we get Sleeping Dogs, too.

30. Ireland Michael

@29 And now the US gets to know how the EU has felt about the US PlayStation Store for the past six years. =P

31. theevilaires

@28 you know the best thing about PS+…those who don’t have it still can play games online for free and voice and video chat without bending over and paying a fee to get fucked every year. And all the while SONY still makes a few dollars itself. I think its safe to say the next PlayStation will continue this model and online gaming will be free again on PSN for all.