God of War: Ascension contains early access to The Last of Us demo

Thursday, 24th January 2013 17:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Those who purchase God of War: Ascension will be handed early access to a demo for The Last of Us, Sony has announced.

Once purchased, new owners of God of War: Ascension will only have to insert the disc into their PS3 and find The Last of Us demo listing in the main menu.

There, players will find details on how to access the demo once it becomes available.

More information on the exact details of the demo will be released by Naughty Dog at a later date on the PlayStation Blog.

God of War: Ascension releases in March, and a single-player demo will be made available in February.

The Last of Us releases on PS3 in May.

1. theevilaires

Oh boy not this cheesy shit again. I can wait for the demo but I’m still getting God of War day 1. The demo is a bonus I guess. Lex, Reask, Spider, etc you can have my code if you don’t get GOW:A day/week/month 1.

2. deathm00n

@2 Why get God of War 1 now if you can get God of War saga with all the 5 games so far for the price of one?

3. CyberMarco

^ You can buy the God of War Saga even if you aren’t in the USA.

4. deathm00n

@3 GoW Saga is only available in USA? I didn’t know that…

5. Dragon246

@deathmoon,
    I think you are misunderstanding tea, he said he will buy gow day 1.

6. loveaya

Jesus, why bundled with this crap ARPG game…

7. Takeshi

Damn, one of my most anticipated games are getting a demo? Yes!

I will probably wait for God of War to become available at my library though. I’ll most likely be buried in Tomb Raider when I hopefully get enough money to pre-order it again.

8. deathm00n

@5 Oops, I swear I’ve read God of War 1 :P

9. Clupula

@6 – In what universe do you live in that the God of War games are RPG’s?!? It’s always been a hack & title, like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry. Way to show you don’t know what you’re talking about.

10. Beta

@6 God of War. An RPG? Riiight.

Anyway I’ve already pre ordered both but this is a nice bonus I suppose.

11. manamana

Its okay, I take it.

12. theevilaires

Yea Dragon got it right I meant I’m getting this day 1 but not for the code. I could care less and if Lex,Reask or Spider isn’t getting the game day 1 week 1 or month 1 before the Last of Us demo comes out to all then they can have the code I don’t care. I don’t need a demo of the Last of Us to know I’ll be picking up my copy midnight at some random 24 hour Wal-Mart. Last of Us will be bought at 12:00.32sec am for me.

13. daytripper

This will be single player and a PSN+ Last of Us Multiplayer beta/demo late March/Early April my bet. Can’t be bothered with God of War so ill try and borrow a friends copy for the demo

14. theevilaires

Oh the demo comes on the disc :D Sorry thats what I get for not reading the article and just the headline :P

15. fengato

I’ll be trying to avoid this – want to keep my most anticipated game as fresh as possible.

16. JRNO

@15 I’m with you, I’ve been trying to avoid as much media around this game as possible. Uncharted 3 was awesome, but the some of that awe was diminished due to the fact that Sony or other outlets had shown so much of the game already. That, and having played the multiplayer beta to death, of course.

17. TD_Monstrous69

And now, just even more incentive to get God of War Ascension. Was going to buy both anyway, way to sweeten the deal Sony.