Doodle Gods launches on PS Vita, release trailer here

Wednesday, 23rd January 2013 12:58 GMT By Dave Cook

Doodle Gods is the new element-mixing game from SPL – that fans of the iOS game Alchemy will appreciate – and it’s available on PS Vita from today. We’ve got trailer and more details below the jump.

The game sees players combining substances and elements to create new ones. Game designer Konstantin Feofanov said over on PS Blog EU, “The essence of the game is simple yet complex. You are a god, standing at the threshold of new discoveries.

“You have an empty, bare world before you, begging to be filled, and there are indeed lots of things to fill it with. Starting with ordinary things like marshes and mountains, our new god will uncover the secrets of the human soul, study the tricky concepts of magic and discover the fascinating world of science.”

By messing around with substances, players can create more than 200 elements. Doodle Gods retails at £4.79/€5.99.

Here’s the trailer:

What do you think? Alchemy rip-off or something more? Let us know below.

1. mithrandir

Overpriced, oversimplified, title doesn’t cover the gameplay at all. If you want to try it out for free, check http://www.kongregate.com/games/Badim/doodle-god. Same (boring) gameplay, but without the regret of shelling out for it.
    Only thing you’ll lose is time spent. (an entire five minutes, if you can stomach it that long)

2. DrDamn

Comments section on the PS Blog is good :)

3. ps3fanboy

i will tell you what i think… its a rip-off of a crap game that ain’t worth your time or money.

where the hell is ‘wake up club’ for eu???

4. ps3fanboy

i just red the comments at the psblog.. it was a riot :)

here is one of them comments….

Another overpriced, shallow phone-game for the Vita. Yay?!

I have no interest in this game, but let me check something…
    Aha, on my iPhone this game is €0.94 and on my Vita the game is… €5.99!

That’s just laughable. I can’t even begin to understand how people can fail this much.

Sony needs a swift kick to the head if this is part of their plan for the Vita. This simply shouldn’t be allowed. How about getting publishers like Capcom to support the Vita instead of wasting time on something like this.

LOL!

5. theevilaires

I don’t know I think every game out there thats available for mobile phones need to be available for the Vita too. Just put it in the PS Mobile tab in the store. Vita needs content plain and simple and content gives people reason to buy the machine regardless.

If I were SONY I’d have every iOS and android game in the PS Mobile tab ready to download and fully compatible for the Vita at very impulse buy prices. Every platform needs its fair share of crappy cheap shovelware to buff up its overall library….Hi Wii :D

6. Samoan Spider

Also, Doodle-god has been on 3 separate android devices I own for many moons now. Nothing new here. Its not bad imo and passes sometime when I’m a touch bored although haven’t played in a while now I think of it. Can’t see the fuss about it being available. You either buy it or dont. No loss. Its just a 1+2=3 game.