PlayStation Mobile offers free games each week

Thursday, 17th January 2013 04:36 GMT By Brenna Hillier

PlayStation Mobile, Sony’s hardware-agnostic platform, is offering one free game every week for six weeks.

As detailed on the PlayStation Blog, the first game is Samurai Beatdown; a trailer follows.

The offer was announced via the US version of the PlayStation Blog, but Bam007 reports being able to access the first title from the Australian PlayStation Store through a Vita.

PlayStation Mobile is compatible with the Vita, Sony smartphones and tablets, and PlayStation Certified HTC Android devices. Just grab the PlayStation Mobile app from Google Play, or access the PlayStation Store form your Vita, to snaffle your free game.

1. Bam007

I can confirm it’s available to EU/AU as well. Go to the PlayStation Mobile tab on your device (I used my PS Vita) and select Games. It should be the second game on the list.

=]

2. Brenna Hillier

Cool, thanks, I’ll update. No idea why i can’t access it. Welp.

3. Bam007

Just for further proof.

=]

4. CyberMarco

Actually you can get Playstation Mobile on every rooted android phone.

5. Da Man

Invaluable offer. Buy an overpriced iPod, get free games.

About four years late to the party with those promotions too.

6. nikk900

This is awesome, could do with some more games on my phone for when I’m on break at work.

@5 Overpriced ipod? Also sony is always doing promos like this.

7. Da Man

Vita is pretty much an overpriced iPod without iTunes, and where were Sony since 2008? Too busy with their space age format I suppose.

8. Deacon

Your love for Apple has blinded you DM. The Vita is FAR more than an overpriced iPod (which are overpriced themselves). Even you should see that. Oh, wait… how silly of me.

9. nikk900

It is nothing like an ipod.
    An ipod plays music. A vita plays games.
    How stupid to even compare.
    I’ve had a PS3 since launch and I’ve had tonnes of freebies from sony.
    Let me guess, you’ve never had a vita, you just hate it for the sake of it.

10. Da Man

DH, just because you like Sony doesn’t mean anyone not buying ito their bs hates them.

iPods are about as overpriced as Final Fantasy 7 has a story. Let’s face it DH, you ‘ve never ever used an Apple hardware.

It plays movies, music, games. PS3 is another excellent example of being late to the party. From their Xbl clone through marketplace.

Oh well.

11. nikk900

WOW, delusional much!

12. Deacon

Sure I’ve owned Apple products. They’re hardly the pinnacle of technological advancement, they’re just easy to use. And consistently overpriced mainly due to them being ‘oh so cooooool’.

I wouldn’t advise anyone to buy a Vita! Not because it isn’t a great device though. Comparing it to an iPod is stupid. We all know why you say things like that.

You often reference Sony’s ‘BS’, but I don’t quite understand what you mean by this. They, like Apple, MS, and any other company, are simply putting products out there and marketing them so as to sell them and stay in business. What is this ‘BS’ you speak of and are so offended by?

13. NeoSquall

I can’t believe that the PSM store is actually faster than Google Play on my Xperia Arc and the new PS Store on my PS3, lol!

I also tried Samurai Beatdown and it’s actually cool, and you don’t even need to stay online to play it! :D

@11 it’s useless trying to make him see the truth, just leave him to sear in his own angst :D

14. Da Man

DH, please do elaborate on the subject of quote ‘technological advancement’. Because yes they’re.

Also, DH please link me to a Mac Mini equivalent. That of course if you know what a Mac Mini is.

Also, Samsung Galaxy costs just as much. That and has an inferior OS, both design and performance wise. What were those quote ‘technological advancement’s again?

#13 Suggest looking up the word ‘irony’.