Warner Bros. registers 15 Arkham Universe domains

Sunday, 13th January 2013 22:51 GMT By Naren Hooson

MarkMonitor, the company that manages Warner Bros. properties, has registered 15 domain names associated with the Arkham Universe.

The registrations will bring up the obvious speculations whether these will be for game sequels, movie series or a combination. It seems only fitting that we’ll see a follow up to Batman: Arkham City, with Arkham Universe being the next logical step.

Here’s the complete list of domains registered, courtesy of Joystiq:

- arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
- batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
- batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
- batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
- batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
- batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
- batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
- batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
- batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
- darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
- dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
- dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
- thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)

1. monkeygourmet

For some reason, I just couldn’t get into Arkham City.

Loved Asylum, but after 3 attempts at getting into City I just gave up.

I never understood the crazy amount of praise it got. Apart from the fan service (which was very detailed), I found the game world sparse and horribly repetitive.

The controls were a bit to ‘janky’ for me too and the fights lacked any real skill.

I think I preferred Asylums more linear approach, and I never thought I’d catch myself saying that.

City seemed like it was stuck between 2 worlds, partly free roaming, partly linear. And the filler and challenges were terrible too.

Maybe next gen will work better for the scope they want to achieve?

The best batman game was on the NES! :)

2. Takeshi

Arkham City, favourite game of 2011. And best super hero game to date.

Universe seems a bit too huge for the next title. State would have been more appropriate, but that almost seems a bit too Government~ish. Anyway, Rocksteady can do no wrong, In Rocksteady We Trust.

3. monkeygourmet

Am I going to walk around and rip your fucking lights down, in the middle of a scene? Then why the fuck are you walking right through? Ah da da dah, like this in the background. What the fuck is it with you? What don’t you fucking understand?

You got any fucking idea about, hey, it’s fucking distracting having somebody walking up behind Bryce in the middle of the fucking scene? Give me a fucking answer! What don’t you get about it?

4. Moonwalker1982

I agree completely. The intro was awesome, just as awesome as Arkham Asylum, i like slow intros in games. But after that…it somehow just bogs down bigtime. It becomes les interesting and i don’t really know what is causing it. It doesn’t flow as nicely as AA and maybe the whole open-world thing(even though it’s not really open world) just doesn’t seem to work for the game. I hope something different will be done for the new one.

5. Beta

Arkham City was possibly my favourite game of 2011 :D

Can’t wait for the third.

6. YoungZer0

Arkham Origins? Sounds like a prequel? I remember rumours about a prequel.

Still disappointing news. Was hoping for a videogame set between the Dark Knight movies.

@4: Well done sir, you made me laugh. :D

7. xxJPRACERxx

@1 and 5: Same thing for me too. I never finished it. Asylum was great!

8. Puggy

I don’t know, the whole “universe” thing leaves the bitter taste of an mmo in my opinion. Would not be the first to try it. And what our first poster here said, reminded me of what people said about BioWare about some years ago. :o

9. Clupula

See, I thought Arkham City fixed every problem I had with Arkham Asylum. The boss battles were actually fun and varied this time. The Mr. Freeze battle, especially, was great. Like Metal Gear-levels of fun for me. It wasn’t all just, “Oh, look another big guy who plays exactly like the Bane battle.”

The exploration you had to do was just so much fun and the story was a lot better. Plus, having all the different subplots going on at once, I just loved it. Going to check out where the Joker is, only to hear a ringing payphone. I go to the phone. It’s Zsasz and he’s going to kill somebody if I don’t find another payphone somewhere in the city in one minute. I absolutely LOVED those moments.

The only part I didn’t like, which is funny, because some of you were saying it was the only part you did, was the intro, which was all, “Let me make it really obvious to everyone that I’m Batman.” The absolute best game of 2011 and one that makes my top 20 of all time.

10. Clupula

That said, there was ONE moment in the game where you meet Robin and I just kept worrying that they were going to force me to play as that lame little loser. Luckily, they didn’t, but then came the postgame DLC, which does exactly that. Never got that DLC. Probably won’t.

11. YoungZer0

@10: Well said. Agree 100% with you on that.

12. NocturnalB

Wow you guys made me feel a lot better i thought i was the only person on earth that never finished Arkham City lol. I beat Asylum though loved it.