Hitman Trilogy HD and Premium Edition spotted on Amazon

Wednesday, 12th December 2012 15:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Listings for Hitman Trilogy HD and a Hitman Trilogy HD Premium Edition have surfaced on Amazon.

The listings, spotted by a NeoGAF user, show the packs containing Hitman Contracts, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, and Hitman: Blood Money remastered in HD.

The core game will run you $39.99 while the Premium Edition contains an exclusive Art Book (first run version) containing 22 pieces of “never before seen reinterpretations of classic moments from Hitman Contracts, Hitman 2 Silent Assassin, and Hitman Blood Money all done by top artists.”

It will run you $39.99 as well.

Both are slated for release on January 29, 2013 for PS3 and Xbox 360, according to the online retailer.

1. Maxey

Why no Codename 47? Blood Money was already released for 360, I wonder if they improved anything in it.

This is good news for PS3 owners tho, they can finally play Blood Money and the previous games.

2. SameeR_Fisher

So question for Hitman fans, I was waiting for this Collection to get it and Absolution in one go, but what about the very first game ?!, will I be missing alot by not playing it ?!, should I play it ?!

3. osric90

While Codename 47 was the first and a good game, when compared to Silent Assassin (which still feels very fresh today) it feels clunky and really dated. It would have been good to have it too though, just for the “complete” feeling and the nostalgia.

This is gonna be great. I hope all games were treated like they deserve and they play 100% perfectly from the very beginning to the end. Blood Money is the best Hitman game for me and I can’t wait to play it HD on the living room.

4. SameeR_Fisher

^^ Thanks alot Osric for the reply, I too am sad that they didn’t include the original, well I think I will play it.

5. oldschoolsoviet

Contracts features the majority of the levels from Codename 47, portrayed in flashbacks, reworked and tweaked with additional new missions.

It was essentially a remake/greatest hits package for the console crowd at release, a year after Hitman 2′s success.

I’m glad Absolution can go and sleep with the fishes now. Something to look forward to in the post-Chrimbo lull.

6. loveaya

I like these HD collection because it’ll give me a chance to play these games i’ve missed during last generation.

Till now,i’ve platinumed Prince of Persia Trilogy, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Tomb Raider Collection.

7. anik_lc

@2 Sameer, Contracts has most of the levels from Codename 47, with upgraded graphics and gameplay. You should go and play this HD collection and start it with H2: Silent Assassin.

And Hitman: Absolution is greatly influenced by Splinter Cell mechanics. Still, as they are releasing HD collection, you can go as this way: H2 > Contracts > Blood Money > Absolution. You can also try to watch Codename 47 walkthrough videos after you finished Contracts. :)

8. SameeR_Fisher

Thanks Anik_lc, I can’t wait till I get right into it.

9. Sini