ZombiU video: the opening sections, how the pad works

Wednesday, 14th November 2012 08:37 GMT By Staff

With WiiU releasing this Sunday in the US, Sam Clay shows off brand new capture of Ubi Montpelier’s ground-breaking survival horror, ZombiU. See how the pad works, get insight from the devs.

In the video above you’ll see Pat playing the first sections of the game, and how the pad functionality works. Read the first of Pat’s features on ZombiU here.

ZombiU releases as a WiiU launch title in the US on Sunday. Both WiiU and ZombiU release in Europe on November 30.

Disclosure:

VG247 saw ZombiU at Ubisoft’s Montpelier Studio in the South of France. Sam and Pat attended. Ubisoft paid for Sam’s return flight from the UK, two nights in a hotel for both Sam and Pat, one lunch and two evening meals. Pat paid for his own train ticket to and from Montpelier. The trip took place before the publication of new VG247 transparency guidelines.

1. monkeygourmet

This looked crazy cool, I literally can’t wait! :)

Also, I liked the way he said ‘dirt’ so much, made me lol!

#1 1 year ago
  2. mistermogul

Looking forward to this too but I really hope it’s not the new Red Steel!

#2 1 year ago
  3. monkeygourmet

I don’t think it will (at least I hope not)…

Most of the hands-on reports have been really positive. :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. ManuOtaku

Well red steel 2 was great, i dont have to doubt them really, they redeem themselves with that one (on wii exclusives that is), therefore i think this will be a great game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. stx

Looks terrible :(
    Maybe I’m just not hooked on another zombie game.

#5 1 year ago
  6. mistermogul

When is the review embargo lifted for this? Anyone know?

#6 1 year ago
  7. deathm00n

I don’t see why all the hype over this? This looks like a Dead Island with less zombies and more survival. The graphics and animations are pretty average. Not trying to start a flame war, but asking for real opinions on why this game will be so great, what are it’s features? What make it different from other zombies survivals we already have? Is it really necessary to have the second screen, or it could be ported to PS360?

#7 1 year ago