The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is shooter’s new title

Thursday, 25th October 2012 22:58 GMT By Brenna Hillier

To the relief of games writers everywhere, Activision has slapped a subtitle on Terminal Reality’s shooter based on The Walking Dead.

The new title, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, finally provides an easy way to differentiate between the shooter and the franchise’s other game adaptation, TellTale’s successful and acclaimed episodic adventure series simply titled The Walking Dead.

We haven’t seen much of the shooter so far – just a couple of environmental shots and a teaser trailer – but we know it concerns the adventures of Merle and Daryl Dixon, and that Terminal Reality hopes zombie AI will react as in the TV show and comics, to sight, sounds and even smell.

Activision expects to publish the shooter on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2013.

Thanks, IGN.

1. KAP

Kirkman. Don’t milk the Walking Dead. Plz mate.

Let Microsoft do that dumb shit with Halo or Sony with… with…

Anyway my point is don’t ruin your amazing story with these shit “The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct” god no… no.

2. SameeR_Fisher

Let’s hope it isn’t another flop, which it will probably be, cause they seem to focus on the ACTION characters, rather than Survival, I am afraid it will end up as bad as 007 Legends, just a quick cash on a good name.

3. Ireland Michael

@1 http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/07/10/kirkman-fps-walking-dead-would-be-pointless

4. OlderGamer

I love the TV show. I know nothing about the comic books or video games, and tbh, don’t want to cheapen the show experience with th eother stuff. And yep I know the Comic came first, but my days of enjoying comics are LONG behind me. And I do have a collection, Including 1,2, and 3 of Spiderman(be damned if I recall if they are Amazing, The Spectacular, or whatever the series was. But my point is I haven’t cracked one open in years(decades even).

100% love the show tho, very very good.

5. SplatteredHouse

I am interested to find out how they’ll be presenting this game. I really hope it will take inspiration from the production style of its source.

6. loveaya

The TV series are the best Zombie movie(serie) i’ve ever watched.

I really hope that this gonna be a nice game not like the ‘SAW’game.

7. NocturnalB

But OG! The comics man! The comics! I’ll buy you a set.

As for this game, i don’t see how it’s even being developed. Judging from Michael’s link, Kirkman obviously doesn’t support it, and besides that. Those 2 brothers from the show aren’t even part of the lore/comics in any way. They were created purely for the show (which i love, don’t get me wrong) but why base a game on them?

8. deathm00n

@7 It would make sense, since the TellTales game is more based on the comics, and this one is going to be based on the series, and what is the most surprising thing we seen exclusively on the series? The Dixon brothers, they are two excellent characters in my opinion, but I don’t think we need to know their origins, what we know so far is enough.