UK Charts: FIFA 13 holds top spot, Dishonored sneaks in second

Monday, 15th October 2012 08:48 GMT By Dave Cook

FIFA 13 has held its position at the top of the official UK charts, and new IP release Dishonored has snuck in at 2nd. More stats below.

FIFA 13 is an unstoppable juggernaut right now, having held top spot for another week. Arkane’s Dishonored proves that new IP can succeed by entering the chart at second, while last week’s other big release XCOM: Enemy Unknown debuted at 7th.

Fable the Journey, however, entered the chart at 37th, suggesting that the Kinect bubble may have burst.

Dishonored is now officially the biggest new IP launch of the year. Pat yourself on the back for rewarding creativity if you bought it. Go on, you earned it.

Here’s the full top 20:

1. FIFA 13 (EA)
2. Dishonored (Bethesda)
3. Pokemon Black 2 (Nintendo)
4. Resident Evil 6
5. Pokemon White 2 (Nintendo)
6. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
7. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games)
8. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
9. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
11. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
12. PES 2013 (Konami)
13. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
14. Rocksmith (Ubisoft)
15. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
16. Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition (Sony)
17. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
18. NBA 2K13 (2K Games)
19. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
20. Dead Island GOTY (Koch)

We’ll update the full chart as it is published by UKIE.

1. Gadzooks!

It’s good to see that XCOM isn’t slipping under the radar.

Simply fantastic update of a great game.

2. Parzival

As a fellow journalist I can’t help but feel a bit shocked by the amount of biased articles about Dishonored on VG247. Just state that it’s “the biggest new IP launch of the year” and leave the “pat yourself on the back” comments out of it.
    Yes, Dishonored is awesome, but don’t encourage people to buy it in your news articles.

3. Dave Cook

@2 it is the biggest IP launch of the year. MCV reported on the fact that it’s the biggest selling console IP of the year. That is fact, not bias.

The pat yourself on the back thing was because new IP should be encouraged, not just the fact that it’s Dishonored.

4. Parzival

@3 I know it’s a fact. That’s why I said it is ok to state it. That’s huge news! But the “pat yourself on the back” comment…
    Don’t get me wrong, I share your excitement. I just wouldn’t say that.

5. Dave Cook

@4 Any feedback is good, so sincerely thanks for voicing your feedback, I’m of the view that the industry should be encouraging new IP, and perhaps it has more of a place in an editorial.

6. Parzival

@5 I usually share my opinion in the comments section and I noticed you guys do that as well, that’s why I was surprised. But then again, pure objective journalism can be quite boring to read so there is no real right or wrong way to write these type of articles.
    I still love the site though.

7. TheBlackHole

“It’s good to see that XCOM isn’t slipping under the radar.”

You have any idea how little a game has to sell to get in the top ten?

Top two or three are always WAY ahead of the rest. 7 could be considered a flop, depending on expectations.

8. Maximum Payne

@7 Well I don’t think it will sell on consoles to be honest.
    So it all comes down to steam :D

9. zinc

Lol, people still believe in objective journalism :-) Probably still write to Santa too… Objectively of course :-P

10. DrDamn

I like the site because articles are written like this. There isn’t enough celebrating what’s good in the industry. When the VG247 team feel like a game deserves these sort of comments then I damn well demand they do it. It’s the enthusiasm of the staff in general, and with a special mention for Dave since he joined, which helps make the site what it is.

11. ManuOtaku

I will get this game on the ps3/360, i mean dishonored, just to give the strongest of my supports for this title.

12. Gadzooks!

#7

A hardcore turn-based strategy game in the top 10 is a total win.

As long as it makes a profit that is all that is required. It sends the message to devs/publishers: “This genre can still sell”.

#8

My XBL friends list strongly disagrees with you.

The console UI is a dream to use, so clearly a very large amount of thought, design and playtesting went into it.

13. Edo

I’am glad about Dishonored,just finished it and after a long time I felt sad that a game has ended :(…here’s a hope that they make a sequel some time in the future.

14. ManuOtaku

#12 Gadzooks i hope it sells better than halo wars , just to keep this type of games alive on consoles too, i did love halo wars.

15. stretch215

I will definitely be picking up xcom after trying the demo and doing some reading. The genre has never been my “thing” but I quite enjoyed playing it.

16. Gadzooks!

#14

Halo wars performed quite well. Over 2 million sales.

17. G1GAHURTZ

Halo Wars is still one of my favourite console games, ever.

18. viralshag