Kingdom Hearts HD collection headed to PlayStation 3

Thursday, 20th September 2012 02:57 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Kingdom Hearts will spawn a three game collection, lovingly given the HD treeatment for PlayStation 3 release.

According to Kotaku‘s translation of a Famitsu report, the collection will include the original PS2 Classic Kingdom Hearts; Game Boy Advance title Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories; and DS effort Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Both Kingdom Hearts – the Japanese-exclusive “Final Mix version, by the way – and Chain of Memories will support trophies.

The compilation will be released under the title Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, which is appropriate as it contains every release prior to Kingdom Hearts 2. Wouldn’t it be nice to get a 2.5 package ahead of the vapourous Kingdom Hearts 3?

The pack is scheduled for launch in Japan in 2013. No word on a western release yet, but Kingdom Hearts seems a pretty safe bet.

1. lexph3re

It will get a Western Release and it’ll be on 360 to I bet.

2. loveaya

@1,oh ya? Bite me!

3. lexph3re

Now why would I bite you. I am no Zombie, I’m a Zombie slayer

4. Kaufer

I don’t understand why sony did not included this on thier PC. Its big enough news. Much more than wonderbook.

@lexph3re If they really are going multiplatform why not announced it for Wiiu too?

5. lexph3re

Because this is a HD release and a article I read on Japanese Developers are realizing if they release titles western it would be close to suicide to not release on 360 as well.

6. Cangriman

Only 3 games… I was expecting something in the line of GoW Saga Collection. And why not used Re:Chain of Memories? So that means we will get the Final Mix of Kingdom Hearts 1.

7. HighWindXIX

This makes no sense. Why not just the two PS2 games? Or just all the KH games? And more importantly, if this comes out before the FFX HD they announced a year ago, I’m going be mighty upset… Not because I want FFX but because I’m hoping for FFXII HD someday!

8. SadyFarah

If there is to be only ONE kingdom hearts collection – it would make more sense to release KH1, KH2 and KH:Birth by sleep in the same package.

Sound like they are trying to print some money by releasing later on a 2.5 Collection with the two missing (but important and fantastic) titles for the series.

9. Clupula

I’m sure there will be a 2.5 Collection. This is all precursor to 3, I’m sure. Since the games have been spread so thin, I’m guessing this is the way to gather them up in one place to catch us all up. I know I have no idea what happens in the series after 2.

10. xino

cool…now i can plsy this

11. CyberMarco

After so many years, I can say DAY ONE for me!!! :D

As it seems the package includes Kingdom Hearts (the Final Mix version) and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories remastered in high-definition (which is the PS2 remake). Both titles will feature trophy support. Additionally, scenes from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days can be viewed in high-definition in the game’s theater mode.

12. Gadzooks!

I would buy that in a heartbeat if it comes to 360.

Kingdom Hearts was by far my favourite PS2 game.

Fingers crossed.

13. Gnosis

Not interested. I expected them to bring the two PS2 main games and maybe PS2 Remake of Chain of Memories (and with lots of luck maybe BBS too), but I’m absolutely not interested in the GBA version and 358/2 Days can go to hell. Too bad.

14. DrDamn

I completely missed out on Kingdom Hearts on PS2. So yes please. Remote play on Vita would be nice too.

15. CyberMarco

@13 the Chain of Memories is the PS2 remake, not the original GBA game.