Need For Speed: Most Wanted’s single-player featured in latest video

Tuesday, 18th September 2012 16:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Need For Speed: Most Wanted’s single player is featured in the latest video from EA. In it, you’ll get a look at Fairhaven City, the game’s connected open world setting, and the 10 Most Wanted drivers who stand in your way of becoming “the Most Wanted.” It also shows the Easy Drive system, a look at Autolog 2, and more. Have a gander below. Need for Speed: Most Wanted will launch for Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Vita, iOS, and Android on October 30 in North America, and on November 1 in Europe.

1. SlayerGT

Just realized why I like the looks of this over Horizon. And its so obvious I feel dumb know..cop chases.

2. CyberMarco

I miss the old Most Wanted. :(

3. TheOutcastWolf

@2 Yes, that one was splendid, grabed the PS2 version at PS Store and it gave me memories…

I really dislike the Criterion Policy of ‘every car is available to you from the start’ which began in Burnout Paradise’s 2 FRUGGEN DOLLARS DLC, this policy made TDU2 fail horribly and this game will follow the same fate…

4. roadkill

Nice! Bring it!

5. DreamCleaver

@2 Me too. I prefer to game in single player and this game doesn’t seem to have a storyline of any sort, just pure arcade racing – like Burnout Paradise. It’s the story that makes me want to progress through the game – no matter how cheesy – if it lacks that, I can’t see how I will enjoy it. At all. Of course, there are some exceptions, but at least then I felt like I was making some kind of progress: e.g. rising in rank and earning/unlocking better vehicles.

And with everything unlocked at the beginning (and probably no customizing the cars either?) I don’t think there will be much sense of progression and beating the top 10 “Most Wanted” isn’t enough of a carrot for me.

But, we’ll see, won’t we?

6. SplatteredHouse

The every car unlocked from the beginning is something that I really don’t like, either. I don’t like the idea that all the other cars/drivers in the map don’t matter as long as I beat my race target. I can just take their car and…it’s stupid.

I far prefered the way Rockstar’s open-world works, where, if you see a potential opponent you use the headlights and you can challenge anyone that you want.
    Gah, Namco, pester that golden chicken again for a winner to offer more choice beyond this reconstituted garbage.

7. SplatteredHouse

I’m going to expand on my point of contention with this game. Beyond them presenting a single player trailer with a scarcity of such focus.

How much of the game is actually on the disc? Most of the GAME this trailer tells us, is in the cloud, so to speak. The disc contains a map and whatever populates it. So…are they then selling a client from which you are able to compete on leaderboards, beneath a thin facade of competitive racing? It’s all of a shuffle-step from a burnout mmo. Yet, it’s being presented very differently.

A lot of the language in this trailer I struggle to take at face value. It seems disingenuous to me.
    I’d probably sooner see an mmo/account setup for this game, where you login just to play “NFS” and you race around and post your scores.

This as it stands, is just an awkward hybrid with a borrowed identity.