Sony Liverpool Twitter posts cryptic ‘We Are Alive’ message, WipEout art

Monday, 17th September 2012 15:59 GMT By Dave Cook

WipEout developer Sony Liverpool was confirmed as closed by Sony last month, but the studio’s official Twitter feed has posted a cryptic message a piece of WipEout art. Check it out below

UPDATE: We just heard back from a Sony rep about the below tweet and art, and received a ‘no comment’ line. So the jury is still out on Studio Liverpool being saved or not.

Here’s the Tweet:

And the art:

What does it mean? Are the studio not dead after all? We’ve asked Sony for comment.

1. Beta

I damn well hope so!

2. AHA-Lambda

Nope still dead, just some stupid bitch on twitter failing at her PR job it seems.

“That Tweet should not have been posted, Studio Liverpool is closed, there is no new Wipeout game. Ami Nakajima was not released [I wonder why ;) ], she was just tweeting to say that she “is still alive”. Which is pretty tactless.”

3. Kabby

Wii U Exclusive.

4. OlderGamer

Nagh WiiU will have a new F-Zero game.

5. HeavyD-Love

Wii U BETTER have a new F-Zero game. And pilotwings too!

6. Beta

@2 Okay, but why has the tweet not been clarified or deleted on the official page?

Now I’m even more confused :’)

7. DrDamn

But also …

“Look guys. I used to work for Sony, I still know people that do (including people at Liverpool), I was told that things were moving with them getting set up somehow (whether its with SCEE or independent), and from this update today I can only assume it’s gone through. I’ve asked the people I know for an update.

I am not bullshitting, I want this team alive as much as anyone else :)”

8. Dragon246

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
    It may be a while before we get to know something concrete about this. Maybe something like how lightbox interactive came out of incognito.

9. TD_Monstrous69

@8, I was actually thinking the same thing.

10. inside-360.de

I hope, microsoft did well and bought them :D I have dreamed so long for a Wipeout on the Xbox 360 – maybe on the NeXt BoX ;)