GTA 5 screens show tennis, other leisure activities

Wednesday, 22nd August 2012 14:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

GTA 5 is the recipient of another new set of screenshots, courtesy of Rockstar. A few of these were posted the other day, but we’ve tossed them in with the rest anyway.

You’ve seen the bicycle man’s bum close-up, the car, and the jet – how about some tennis, parachuting, and dirt biking to round things off?

Your wish is our command.

GTA 5 still isn’t dated.

1. roadkill

I don’t know, I’m just.. not impressed.

2. HeavyD-Love

That parachuting one looks incredibly detailed. i think they all look great

3. Maximum Payne

Can we play tennis ? O.o

4. Hcw87

How can you be ”not impressed”? Considering it’s a current gen game (most likely) it can’t look better, can it? We’ve had zero gameplay, so i don’t understand how you can say that just judging from a couple of screens.

It’s an open world game where you can fly jets, play tennis, ride mountainbikes, parachute and cycling. Plus it’s GTA. ”not impressed” makes no sense.

5. KAP

Ohh plz.. you’ll be at Tesco at 4 in the morning just like the rest of us once this hits shelfs. don’t fool yourself mate.

6. Razor

Think it looks incredible.

7. ballz

sleepingd dogs looks much better

8. Stardog

It looks amazing.

9. dex3108

Screenshot with house looks so bad that i cant look at it. Ac a PC player i am not impressed at all. Looking this screenshots like pure console game they look really good.

10. Old MacDonald

I’m not about to go bananas over every screenshot published, but looking at the overall collection published so far as a whole, I have to say I like what I see. Looks like a huge and really varied game.

I agree some of the details don’t look all that great, but the big picture? I like it a lot.

11. KAP

^
    This.

12. Deacon

I skipped GTA4 altogether, but this one’s gonna be pretty hard to resist. Looking VERY impressive!

13. HeavyD-Love

I think it’s not so much about “hey look at the graphics”, it’s more like “hey look at all you can do in GTAV”. I’m calling helicopter and boat shots comes next..

14. ItsMe

@ all critisism: If GTA V comes in 2013 there is 5 years inbetween games, that’s more than any other GTA game. Graphically it’s limited to the consoles, but also imagine what Rockstar can do with GTA if they have 5 years to develop it. We only know what GTA V looks like right now, and have no idea about the features. If the past is any indication, there is going to be so much great new stuff and Rockstar is obligated to do great new things.

15. HeavyD-Love

^ I remember reading you’re going to be able to puncture a vehicles gas tank, then let the gas form a leaking line, then light the line on fire and watch the flames lead to the car before blowing it up. THAT’S innovation beyond graphics.

16. a7md1990

iCEnhancer on GTA IV looks far more impressive.

17. deathm00n

I don’t understand you people, it’s not all about graphics you know, “OMG this games sssuuuckk thE GrePhic’s SUckS, MY PC do Better thAn ThiS DOg Shit GAMEz!!!i!1″

And so far the graphics ARE really impressive, I wish for a good game, not a moving photo

18. dex3108

I am not graphic whore and i am playing games 10+ years old without complain but from game that will be released in 2012/2013 i expect that every aspect of game be satisfying. From screenshoots we can see some of things that we will be able to do and graphic, so i can comment what i see. Graphics are not impressive for me on this screenshots. Variety of things that we will be able to do is really good but i don’t want to get my hopes high and than find out that there won’t be PC version, or PC version will be published 6 months later.

19. Moonwalker1982

It looks fucking awesome. Especially the shot with the parachuting guy. Those mountains, bridge, river, giving me a RDR vibe and that’s a really good thing. The strong point of GTA SA was how you had the city with all the buildings,shops and houses and such. And next to that full nature, the countryside. That gave it such a nice touch. Absolutely can’t wait to get a bicyle and ride it up there.

20. DuckOfDestiny

Hope it’s as fun as San Andreas. After okaying GTA4, I forgot how fun and varied the missions in the old GTA games actually are.

21. SlayerGT

@19 that’s how I feel :) dirt bike right off the cliff face and hit the chute! Can’t wait.

22. SlayerGT

@20 did you play the “episodes”? The Ballad of Gay Tony especially. Had great mission variety me thinks. I’m curious about the mp. From all they’ve learned with RDR and MP3 it should be promising. I hoping for a free roam like RDR with the hideouts and dynamic matches and such. Maybe I meet you at the court for some rounds of tennis! :D

Edit: then when I lose I smoke ya with my gat :P

23. polygem

this isn´t my lifestyle…i don´t wanna pretend that it is in a videogame either. i am definiteley getting too old for these kids games.

24. fearmonkey

I bought GTA4 when it came out on 360, played it till halfway through, and then quit. I bought it again on Steam and applied the graphic overhaul patch and wow….. If you have the PC for it, the game is worth picking up and applying that simple update, the game looks amazing with Iceenhancer 2.0x

25. TD_Monstrous69

The screenshots tell me that GTA V’s trying to aim at capturing some of the same magic that San Andreas had, and so far, it looks quite promising. Either way, love GTA, and I’ll be out at midnight to buy it when it launches.

26. Kuwabara

i think it would be wise of them to do a next gen version as well, with added graphical upgrades.