Mass Effect 3: Leviathan DLC alters ending – Report

Wednesday, 8th August 2012 21:39 GMT By Jeff Dunn

Mass Effect 3′s upcoming Leviathan DLC will add additional dialogue to the controversial ending of the action-RPG, according to a Eurogamer report. Spoilers to come after the jump.

The report notes that if players go through the ending of the game again after completing the added Leviathan content, the Star Child AI will divulge further information on the history of the villainous Reapers and their relation to their creators–the titular Leviathans.

A complete listing of leaked dialogue from the revised ending can be found over on the Bioware forums, where members extracted the info from the upcoming content and posted it to Pastebin.

Mass Effect 3′s Leviathan DLC will be released later this summer for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

1. Cozzy

Well that is interesting.

2. FrankieDF

So now there is a further fix for the endings, but this one you have to pay for.

Hah

3. Maximum Payne

@2 well, community wanted it

4. roadkill

@2 Exactly! :(

@3 Nope!

5. FrankieDF

They initially promised us 16 alternate endings, and gave us 3 that were awful and varied primarily by color.

I don’t think it is kosher to correct their shortcoming in any way through a pay-for-fix option.

6. Phoenixblight

Interesting. I enjoyed what they did with the last DLC that added to the endings along with going in depth with the endings and can’t wait to try this out.

7. Vapsyvox

@4 Hey, you must be the spokesperson for the entiiiiire mass effect community! Could you tell me whether I should like EA or not? I’m having a hard time deciding which bandwagon I should join in on.

Anywho, it’ll be interesting to see what they have to offer in the changed-ending-department and if they are going to continue building on end-game things or if they actually have any plans for the rest of the game (MP excluded).

8. Thegaiden

I’ve been putting off downloading the additional ending to see if anything new would be added like this in paid DLC.
    The result is bitterly disappointing, if Bioware believe the current ending still needs more work, why should we pay them to fix what they believe is still not uo to par. Otherwise they would not carry on working on a poor ending.
    This is like Day 1 DLC, paying money for something that should or already be on the disc.

Hopefully, Bioware just patch it in and release the DLC seperately.
    Though it is probably unlikely. *cough* EA *cough*

9. Froseidon

@3/@4 – That’s bold speaking for about 3.5 million people (est – judging by the sales), nearly all of which you do not know. Hint – Don’t do it again. ;) We’ve had our ending fix that some of the community wanted.

On the note of this, I do not feel it is a fix for ending (@2/@5), that came with the ‘Extended Cut’ DLC. All because this changes the endings does not make it a ‘pay-to-have fix’.

The primary point of this DLC is to allow more single player content and is not a fix for the ending. The fix already came with the previous DLC. Why are people jumping to this conclusion..?

10. FrankieDF

Because the free fix was not what people had wanted either, and now we have yet ANOTHER fix, but this time it comes packaged with something you have to buy.

11. Froseidon

@10 – The free fix was well received, what the hell are you smoking?

Also, why would you buy this DLC for the ending, it is full single player content. Jesus the Mass Effect community is stupid T_T

12. FrankieDF

” The free fix was well received, what the hell are you smoking?”
    A lot of people didn’t think so.

Just because you thought it was fine doesn’t mean that everyone was satisfied with it.

I saw heavy criticism of the fix post release.

13. Phoenixblight

And I saw and heard the opposite. This game of he said, she said can be played all day. We get it you don’t like the game. Move on there are other games to play.

14. FrankieDF

Yes, I should just move on and never have a problem with anything. Voicing opinions is worthless, totally.
    Sorry I inconvenienced you by not liking what a company is doing.

15. Phoenixblight

You keep posting the same thing over and over again not actually discussing anything. It just becomes a broken record.

16. Froseidon

@12 – Dude, I thought the original ending was fine. In my opinion, Bioware shouldn’t have had to bend knee and make it but whatever happens.

The point is, all the reviews that I saw on Extended Cut were good and more to the point, the person that tried to file against them about false advertise withdrew his claim when it came out as even he thought that the DLC was good. To change someones view so greatly is an indicator that it was fine…

17. The Lorax

hey Phoenixblight i assure you, you are the only one who thinks like that. the extended cut fleshed out and explained the crappy ending no one liked (when i say no one liked it i mean people who played all 3 games and thought thier choices would have mattered). and what is the point of SP dlc if it DOESNT change the ending? thats the only reason why anyone would buy it to begin with

and he didnt drop the charges because the “dlc” was good, he dropped it because he never expected to actually win the case he was just trying to make a point

18. Phoenixblight

@17 Way to over generalize there are plenty of people that I personally know that enjoyed the original ending and the extended DLC made it that much better so apparently its not “everyone”.

19. DSB

What makes the whole ME3 “scandal” ridiculous to me is that if anything, people should’ve been pissed off when they got ME2. The entire game was a joke.

Did that really have a coherent story? Did that really make it worth your while to import that savegame?

It seems to me like people just decided to take the blinders off for a minute at the end of ME3, but really, what took you so long?

20. zashimi1093

I actually thought the ending was brilliant and the extended cut made me love it as I was only bothered me was that the geth and EDI would die in the destroy ending but with the EC dlc there is sayings that the tech can be repaired so I’m hopefull because it seemed strange to give them both sentience and then kill them. I did however feel that the other endings where not thought out well. We fought the illusive man the entire game about controlling reapers not once could you agree with him and the synthesis ending seemed like a giant body rape shepard would never do

21. Kabby