Metal Gear Solid 4 trophy patch hitting PS3 Monday

Friday, 3rd August 2012 16:09 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid 4 long-overdue trophy patch is hitting PS3 in Japan this coming Monday August 6, Andriasang reports.

The patch will include trophy support and reduced loading times via a full install option.

It will come pre-packed in a Metal Gear Solid 4 re-pack launching in Japan next month. Konami is officially unveiling the re-pack at a Metal Gear 25th anniversary event in Tokyo on August 30.

Sony said to expect the trophies patch to hit the west in “early August.” Trophies list is through here.

1. Razor

It feels weird to be this excited for a patch.

2. Dave Cook

It really does, doesn’t it?

I just started a new playthrough a couple of weeks ago. Might wait until the patch is out before continuing just for the hell of it.

3. KAP

Same, I bought a copy on Monday for the long awaited patch and decided to playthrough the first level…. I’m now on the third act lol

4. HeavyD-Love

Trophy list officially revealed:

***Keep in mind, this is from the US blog and they state “coming beginning of August”

5. monkeygourmet

I’m not the biggest metal gear fan but is this worth persevering with?

I started a while back and hated the controls so much I couldn’t continue (played about 45mins)…

I know that’s lame but I really couldnt get to grips with the controls, especially for a game the seems to rely on stealth. Are there any control options that make the experience a bit smoother?

I would like to go back to it because the story seemed pretty good.

6. Dimaco

Yes! Now give us a western release date! Can’t wait to go back to that AWESOME game…

7. xxJPRACERxx

@5 If you don’t like it don’t waste your time. I never understood what people like in this series.

8. GwynbleiddiuM

@7 Yeah, I can say the same for a number of games including Halo and Gears of War series, but a lot of people play those and enjoy them, it’s just not for me.

anyhow, I was playing it just today after almost a year and it felt good, soon with trophies it’ll be even better.

9. speedxl01

@5 Try to play more time, you will get used to it.

10. monkeygourmet

@7, 8 & 9

I think I will give it a try again at some point.

Although it does seem like a game for fans of the series…

Games like Gears, God of War etc… Have tight controls however, they can be picked up and played / enjoyed by anyone regardless of their knowledge of storyline etc…

This seems a bit ‘Japanese’ to me, and not in a vanquish kind of way! (I hope that oestrogen cone across as racist!) :)

11. Kuwabara

@10, play it for a while and the controls will fell perfect. Also mgs4 shits on any gears game 10 fold. It’s one of the greatest games ever, even if you don’t get the story, theres so much action, steatlh, replayabilty, awesomeness.

12. Telepathic.Geometry

Kuwabara, you have touched me. I WILL play MGS4.

13. Keivz

Don’t bother. I played through to completion MGS 1-4 and they got worse with each iteration. The controls are clunky and unintuitive; you eventually get the handle of them (enough to finish it anyway) but there are so many other things wrong with it I wouldn’t recommend wasting your time (unless you are a completionist).

14. Dave Cook

@13 personally MGS3 and Peace Walker are incredible. Wank controls but some really memorable moments.

But yeah you’re right when you say they’re clunky. Horrible old school controls at times :/

15. GwynbleiddiuM

@14 I agree with that statement on about any installment except 4. MGS4′s control is by no means clunky. It’s actually the best working way with the genre.

16. ejams

@15 I agree so much. I recently picked up the MGS HD collection to try out the older ones because before it, I only played 4 (my first PS3 game and still one of my all time favourite games :D) and I must say, the controls in 2 especially are utter ass. I think in part it has to do with the camera mostly, but the controls were so bad I couldnt go back to 2. 3 is more similar to 4 control-wise so it’s at least playable.

Back on track WOOHOO trophies here I come!! :D I never did get that old Japanese rifle to make the tornado appear though.