LucasArts president exits after two year stint

Friday, 3 August 2012 00:22 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Paul Meegan has left LucasArts, with no replacement named and no word of his destination.

“LucasArts has come a long way and I’m extremely proud of what the teams have accomplished,” Meegan said in a statement given to GamesIndustry.

“We had a great E3 with Star Wars 1313, and have other exciting projects in the works. It’s been a privilege to be a part of Lucasfilm. I wish the company all the best.”

Lucasfilm COO Mich Chau said Meegan had been a “valuable team member” during his two years at LucasArts. The company will “remain committed” to current projects, he added, and “will be re-evaluating LucasArts’ leadership needs” in order to keep the studio focused.

LucasArts doesn’t have a replacement lined up, but in the interim, current staffers have volunteered to co-direct; Kevin Parker will lead business operations and Gio Corsi will guide studio production.

This is the second high-profile departure from LucasArts this year, after Far Cry 2 and Splinter Cell designer Clint Hocking’s June defection to Valve. Star Wars 1313 is its only known project.

Latest