Tue, Jul 31, 2012 | 14:10 BST
Skyrim Update 1.7 available on Steam now, consoles soon
Skyrim update 1.7 is now available to download on Steam, Bethesda has confirmed.
A Bethblog update confirms that Skyrim patch 1.7 is now on Steam. The update adds the following changes to the PC version of Skyrim, and will also apply to PS3 and Xbox 360 once the patch is released on consoles.
- General memory and stability optimizations
- Fixed crash related to new water shaders
- Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
- Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
Note the inclusion of a Dawnguard fix related to the Vampire Lord skill ‘Vampiric Grip.’
An official release date for Skyrim: Dawnguard on PC is expected from Bethesda before the week is out.
Skyrim update 1.7 will also hit Xbox 360 soon and will include a few Dawnguard and Kinect-specific tweaks:
- Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
- Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
- Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)