The Last of Us – Bill’s safe house cinematic escapes Comic Con

Saturday, 14th July 2012 14:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Eric Monacelli, community strategist at Naughty Dog, has released a video showing a new scene from The Last of Us where Joel and Ellie have found a safe house inhabited by a man wearing a gas mask. This fella is named Bill, who has some sort of history with Joel a owes him a favor. More on Bill, who is voiced by actor W. Earl Brown, will be revealed in the coming months. Game’s out next year on PS3.

1. Beta

It’s probably amazing but I basically ruined Uncharted 3 for myself by watching every piece of media they released. I’m not making the same mistake this time! :)

2. Stephany Nunneley

@2 I did as well. I finally bought it back in April and wasn’t “wowed” over any plot points – which happens to me a lot working in this business. I feel like I have already played the game before it even comes out, so I am not surprised by anything.

3. polygem

it is amazing! great great voice acting. story looks more and more interesting…

i liked the uc games and played them all but i never was a fan of the nathan drake charakter, couldnĀ“t connect to him much…this is much more my cup of tea.

4. marijnlems

Well, I’ll be damned – Dan from Deadwood! Great to see that casting is still as great as ever at Naughty Dog.

5. Beta

#2 I can imagine :(

6. Specialist89

Oh Gee. Am I blind or Bill is nearly identical to Parker Luciani from Resident Evil Revelations? I mean, i know this is real acting and all, but wow!

7. osric90

Joel, control that little bitch, PLEASE.

8. xxJPRACERxx

Nice cinematic but I would like to see some gameplay.

9. FlyingNimbus

This looks awesome! Loving the classic ND detail ans animations, dare i say that these cutscenes are better than Uncharted!