Mirror’s Edge 2 is “on the list,” says EA labels boss

Friday, 13th July 2012 18:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

As if the firm hasn’t said this enough already, a sequel to Mirror’s Edge is “on the list” of things to do at EA, according to labels president Frank Gibeau. The reason it’s taking so long to get to market, let alone me announced, has to do more with “how and when” the series will be brought back. “We have nothing to announce,” said Gibeau in the latest issue of GameInformer. “We love Faith. We love the property. It’s really about how and when do you bring it back? It’s on the list. It’s just about looking at what teams are available, who’s got the right quality approach to it, and who understands it.” Thanks, Videogamer.

1. Lewis247

THIS GAME MUST HAPPEN! Visually brilliant and the gameplay was excellent, never had so much fun with a new IP. I can imagine the sequel fixing and expanding on what the first one needed.

2. Moonwalker1982

Really? Cause i find the game to be a bit overrated by some to be honest. I enjoyed it sure, the way of movement was very nicely done but i dunno…i guess i wanted more out of the gameplay.

3. Ireland Michael

I was playing this just yesterday. It’s visual style and the whole design of the gsme itself is still one of the most distinctive experiences I’ve had this generation.

Sadly, this just sounds like the usual lip service from EA. if they were genuinely that interested, they would already be working on it.

4. Edo

” I find the game to be a bit overrated by some to be honest.”…..unlike?Anyways,this definitely means we’ll see it on the next generation of consoles,oh well…more time for Battlefield or Battlefield Bad Company or whatever the next shooter from DICE will be…………..

5. Beta

I still consider the first game to be one of the best new IP’s I’ve played this generation, this has to be made!

6. DSB

As a game it may be overrated, but I think just the notion of doing something other than unloading clip upon clip in an FPS is extremely appealing to people.

The vast majority of games are so procedural, you can’t say the same for Mirror’s Edge. The controls were pretty wonky, but I still enjoyed it a lot.

7. Anders

I loved Mirror’s Edge, for all its faults. Spent hours in the time trial mode, after finishing the main story several times. Great gameplay and fantastic visuals, but I could do without the story and characters. Keep the world, improve on the gameplay and give us a new story, and I’m onboard.

8. absolutezero

Now I dearly love Mirror’s Edge but im not all that sure that I want the current EA to even try and attempt to make a second one.

Yeah, no thanks EA Ill keep my wonky borked experiment of love and I ll enjoy it.

9. monkeygourmet

I have a horrible feeling they would fuck with it…

Multiplayer, guns all over the shop, male protagonist, new art style etc…

If not, then go for it! One thing I could imagine that would be amazing is running through a mall full of people being chased…

The first game didn’t have a huge amount of crowds to contend with if I remember rightly?

Some kind of assassins creed crowd tech spliced with original mirrors edge FPS gameplay would be a good sweet spot for me!

10. OrbitMonkey

How about free-running through a city full of zombie terrorists!? INSTAWIN!!

11. Phoenixblight

I actually think that would work having the protagonist parkour through a post apocalyptic city with BOWs.

The same EA is the one that endorsed the original not sure where this fear is coming from nothing has changed.

12. absolutezero

Mainly the precedent set by the treatment of other ongoing series which are releasing from EA at the moment. I would not want to see Mirror’s Edge going down the same path as Dead Space or ME3 or BF3 or SimCity or ToR or anything else EA branded for the past year.

I really don’t think EA could ask Dice to release a follow up to critically loved by badly selling Mirror’s Edge and just leave them to it again, they would have to fuck about with it. Even if its just to increase some gunplay to make it more immediately accessable.

Blech.

I’d go for Post Apocalyptica aswell, only it has to keep the beautiful clean sharp edges and vibrant colour pallete. Perhaps create a Nemesis styled character that can run faster than you can but takes longer to climb and jump. Create obstacle course around that fact, long straights where it will gain leading into a warren of slides, wall jumps and zip slides.

13. Fragpuss

hmm would prefer EA to make Dante 2, a sequel to Dante’s inferno, it was a much better game then mirrors edge, which i found to be novel but ultimately boring

14. Edo